rate my setup.

Show us your formicariums and ant setup, ask formicarium-related questions, or share your experiences with building an ant home. Here you will also find formicarium requirements for specific ant species.

Moderator: ooper01

AntLove5Ever

Re: rate my setup.

Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:58 pm

Ok, I have a baby powder alcohol barrier, and a mesh screen on both sides. Any other suggestions?

Batspiderfish

Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:46 pm

That looks pretty good! Is there a way to access the container (to easily clean up and offer food) without removing the lid? The one problem with talcum powder is that it is easily knocked off by bumping.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

AntLove5Ever

Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:55 pm

Batspiderfish wrote:That looks pretty good! Is there a way to access the container (to easily clean up and offer food) without removing the lid? The one problem with talcum powder is that it is easily knocked off by bumping.
No I dont,I just take off the lid, I'm not crafty enough.

Batspiderfish

Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:15 pm

With the screen mesh there, you probably won't need the talcum barrier for a long time (if at all).
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.