How does the screen attach?

Show us your formicariums and ant setup, ask formicarium-related questions, or share your experiences with building an ant home. Here you will also find formicarium requirements for specific ant species.

Moderator: ooper01

AntFarm

How does the screen attach?

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:06 pm

Hey AC,

How does the screen attach to the hybrid nest? I was wondering if there would be a gap for ants to get into (smaller species) or if its in the plastic... any info or pictures would be greatly appreciated :)

idahoantgirl

Re: How does the screen attach?

Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:45 am

AntFarm wrote:Hey AC,

How does the screen attach to the hybrid nest? I was wondering if there would be a gap for ants to get into (smaller species) or if its in the plastic... any info or pictures would be greatly appreciated :)
I have a hybrid nest. It looks like its VERY strongly glued on. The mesh is so small that I don't even think that an ant egg would fall in. there would definitely be absolutely no way that a worker could get through, no matter how small it is.
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

ooper01
Head Moderator

Re: How does the screen attach?

Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:31 pm

AntFarm wrote:Hey AC,

Clear silicon is used to attach the mesh to the hybrid nest. It is pushed into the weave of the mesh to create a strong, water-tight bond.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator