Warming up the nests.

Show us your formicariums and ant setup, ask formicarium-related questions, or share your experiences with building an ant home. Here you will also find formicarium requirements for specific ant species.

Moderator: ooper01

EdgarFromLatvia

Warming up the nests.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:27 pm

The thing is, i can not provide a constant warming up for my ant queen in my little nest, but can i warm up the nest for the day, and leave it in room temperature at night?

Batspiderfish

Re: Warming up the nests.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:36 pm

This will probably cause condensation.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

EffinBatman

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:21 am

Room temp in my house is about 70-72 degrees year round. So to combat this I bought a 15w heat cable for my test tubes. I have two test tubes connected to tubing sitting right in top of the cord. I leave the cord going 24 hours a day. The ants move brood on and off it all the time depending on what they want.

Martialis

Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:47 pm

EdgarFromLatvia wrote:The thing is, i can not provide a constant warming up for my ant queen in my little nest, but can i warm up the nest for the day, and leave it in room temperature at night?
My house is regulated at 74-78°F. My ants do fine in this climate. Dunno about European ants, but it sure works fine for the Americas.
Keeper of

Selliing: