Cleaning AC Out WOrld

Show us your formicariums and ant setup, ask formicarium-related questions, or share your experiences with building an ant home. Here you will also find formicarium requirements for specific ant species.

Moderator: ooper01

Acutus3399

Cleaning AC Out WOrld

Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:06 pm

Hello All,

My Ants have trashed my Out World. Literally :lol: It's not a problem to clean their mess but at the same time viewing through the plastic has become more difficult. The plastic has become foggy.
Does anyone have experience cleaning the plastic of the AC Out Worlds? I don't want to scratch it or make it worse by using the wrong stuff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Billy

Whitelotus

Re: Cleaning AC Out WOrld

Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:36 pm

If possible, I would recommend connecting another temporary outworld to their nest and have the Food placed in their for a while.
You will hopefully see more ants foraging in the new area. Once the AC outworld looks less crowded, you are going to disconnect the outworld and plug up the tubes with cotton to prevent any escapees. Some may escape, but you can use a cotton ball or cotton swab to get them. You may still have a few ants in the outworld, you can try to get them out or leave them in until you are done.
Good luck.