2nd hand test tube a problem??

Show us your formicariums and ant setup, ask formicarium-related questions, or share your experiences with building an ant home. Here you will also find formicarium requirements for specific ant species.

Moderator: ooper01

Kenechirino

2nd hand test tube a problem??

Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:50 pm

So I have a very nutritioned pharaoh ant queen in a 2nd hand test tube

I have lots of questions so please if you have any tips comment it

So the second hand tube is a rectangular tube and the queen ant had lots of brood and I was so happy
She was also full of sugar water I confirmed that the brood are also eating cuz I saw ant poop inside the brood

I wanna know if the tube AntsCanada is selling would be flexible and stretchy enough to fit the entrance of my test tube so I can move them to the actual testtube

I also wanna know when ill move them to the ( I forgot what its called but its for begginer ant colonies ) should I move them if the setup is moldy?

I also wanna know if the scent of alchohol is toxic to the ants because I clean the entrance everytime I give them sugar water so it wont mold

Please if you have any more tips comment it :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
Hello I keep only 1 colony, a pharaoh ant colony. Its small but one day its gonna be huge :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D