Trap Jaw Ant Setup

Show us your formicariums and ant setup, ask formicarium-related questions, or share your experiences with building an ant home. Here you will also find formicarium requirements for specific ant species.

Moderator: ooper01

AntsDakota

Re: Trap Jaw Ant Setup

Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:36 pm

Well, it looks like she's eating then. Odontomachus are usually picky about their food and I'm glad you found something they like.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

BigBlueBlur

Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:59 pm

Update

The plants aren’t looking so good but they are still alive, except for the one that was in the top right corner.
But she hasn’t layed any eggs yet!!! :oops:

I think the cotton in her tube has gone moldy but I’m not sure and I have a smaller second tube with water outside for her to move into.
I’ve been giving her sugarwater in the cotton pad outside of her nest as well.

I’ve been giving her around 4 semi or completely killed termites about ever other day for protein and hopefully for any babies she may have.

Pill bug died :shock: :cry:

BigBlueBlur

Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:00 pm

WE HAVE WORKERS!!!!!!!
She finally produced her first worker about 4-5 days ago, (I think), and now she has a total of 2 workers! :o :P
They have also covered the entrance with sand so that it comes to a funnel with only a little whole around the middle of it.
My hard work has finally paid off. :D