My queen's egg's colour is yellow!why is it like that?

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

GauthamKrishna

My queen's egg's colour is yellow!why is it like that?

Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:11 am

Hi,I have a queen ant which have laid eggs and also became larvae stage,but it's colour is yellow ,why is it like that?

PrinceAnt

Re: My queen's egg's colour is yellow!why is it like that?

Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:40 am

I'm not an expert in ants and stuff. But are you keeping your ants in a test tube set up? If you are check if there are any yellow molds. It could be just a piece of mold. Or if that isn't it, maybe you need to research about your queen ant species.

Batspiderfish

Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:15 pm

Ants of different genera/species can have brood of different colors. Camponotus, for example, can have yellow, orange, or pink eggs.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

AntsDakota

Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:51 pm

Batspiderfish wrote:
Ants of different genera/species can have brood of different colors. Camponotus, for example, can have yellow, orange, or pink eggs.
Pink eggs?! I'd like to see that!
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

AntsDakota

Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:01 pm

Batspiderfish wrote:
Is that with only certain species, or can I collect C. pennsylvanicus and perhaps get lucky?
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25