the Bustos ant

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

Post Reply
User avatar
antnest8
Posts: 790
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:11 pm
Location: Detroit, MI

the Bustos ant

Post: # 33496Post antnest8
Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:59 am

This question has been wandering my mind for I while. Does Mikey Bustos have an ant species named after him? (I would think so from all he does to help research for ants and ant keeping) :D
keeper of
1 lasius umbratus
8 tetremorium queens
3 C. pennsylvanicus
3 C novaeboracensis
1 tapinoma sessile colony

idahoantgirl
Posts: 1143
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:52 am
Location: Idaho, USA

Re: the Bustos ant

Post: # 33497Post idahoantgirl
Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:43 am

antnest8 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:59 am
This question has been wandering my mind for I while. Does Mikey Bustos have an ant species named after him? (I would think so from all he does to help research for ants and ant keeping) :D
Nah, that generally only happens when someone discovers a new species. I'm pretty sure he hasn't done that.
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

User avatar
antnest8
Posts: 790
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:11 pm
Location: Detroit, MI

Re: the Bustos ant

Post: # 33498Post antnest8
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:39 am

well if I discover a species i'll try to name it off of him :D
keeper of
1 lasius umbratus
8 tetremorium queens
3 C. pennsylvanicus
3 C novaeboracensis
1 tapinoma sessile colony

AntsDakota
Posts: 464
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:22 pm
Location: South Dakota

Re: the Bustos ant

Post: # 36636Post AntsDakota
Thu May 31, 2018 6:32 pm

antnest8 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:39 am
well if I discover a species i'll try to name it off of him :D
If I discovered a new species I would name it Bustopomyrmex canadensis.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

AntsDakota
Posts: 464
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:22 pm
Location: South Dakota

Re: the Bustos ant

Post: # 36637Post AntsDakota
Thu May 31, 2018 6:38 pm

AntsDakota wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 6:32 pm
antnest8 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:39 am
well if I discover a species i'll try to name it off of him :D
If I discovered a new species I would name it Bustopomyrmex canadensis.
That literally means "Bustos ant", hence the topic name.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest