Found an Injured Butterfly

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

Swirlby

Found an Injured Butterfly

Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:06 pm

I found an injured butterfly while at work today. One of its wings was bent out of shape, and I decided to take it home after work and attempt to nurse it back to health. I looked up some tutorials on how to do this, but I all I could find were tutorials on how to fix a broken wing. The issue with this butterfly is that its wing seems to be bent out of shape at the joint.

https://imgur.com/a/dfgn0kd

If you look at the photos, you might notice that there is some shiny black bits at the joint of the upper left wing that isn't present on the other side. When I found this butterfly, the upper left wing was behind the rear left wing, and was almost dangling there. The butterfly had a tendency to latch it's legs onto it, thinking it was a solid landing spot as it tried to fly away. When I brought it home, I held the tips of its wings and carefully pushed the rear wing back behind it. This seemed to fix the issue with the butterfly latching onto its own wing, but it still couldn't fly. When its wings are outstretched, they still aren't quite symmetrical.

I've given the butterfly some sugar water to keep it alive, and it seemed to revive a little bit after that, but it's still unable to fly.

Antloverhuman

Re: Found an Injured Butterfly

Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:14 am

I saw on yt that a guy gave his butterfly a prosthetic wing. If you can find the video or do something similar it might help it.
Ants I have-
camponotus compressus colony- the shadow warriors.
Pls just let me have a tetramorium colony