Attachments File too Big

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

SlidingCool

Attachments File too Big

Sun May 29, 2022 1:15 pm

I am trying to post a picture of my queen ant to get it identified but whenever I insert an image it says file/image too large, does anybody know how to fix this? I take photos from my iPhone
Currently Keeping:
Camponotus Pennsylvanicus (Only Queen and Brood) :mrgreen:

SolenopsisKeeper

Re: Attachments File too Big

Sun May 29, 2022 2:17 pm

SlidingCool wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 1:15 pm
I am trying to post a picture of my queen ant to get it identified but whenever I insert an image it says file/image too large, does anybody know how to fix this? I take photos from my iPhone
Unfortunately, the owner of this website seemed to have never fixed that. Now, what I recommend is uploading it to google photos(with sharing on) and link the photo here. You can do the same with imagur.
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

AronRoy321

Tue May 31, 2022 5:04 am

Right-click the file, select Send to, and then select Compressed (zipped) folder. Most files, once compressed into a ZIP file, will reduce in size from anything like 10 to 75%, depending how much available space there is within the file data for the compression algorithm to do its magic.
https://www.mysavinghub.com/store/subway-promo-code

SolenopsisKeeper

Tue May 31, 2022 6:04 am

AronRoy321 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 5:04 am
Right-click the file, select Send to, and then select Compressed (zipped) folder. Most files, once compressed into a ZIP file, will reduce in size from anything like 10 to 75%, depending how much available space there is within the file data for the compression algorithm to do its magic.
One of two things happens, file quality is greatly reduced or it doesn’t work. I would recommend something simple, like imagur or google photos
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

AntsLuxembourg

Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:02 am

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 6:04 am
One of two things happens, file quality is greatly reduced or it doesn’t work. I would recommend something simple, like imagur or google photos
I prefer imgur.com since it's just drag and drop with no login and no need to share the file in the settings.
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.