Something I noticed about the forum

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

RespectforAnts

Something I noticed about the forum

Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:18 pm

I have noticed in the past that ant species such as camponotus novaeboracensis show a red line under them marking them incorrect when they are not is this something that can be fixed or is it too much to put in all the ant species or make the computer talk latin. :D
C. Novaeboracensis (my favorite ant
C. Pennsylvannicus x2
Tetramorium Immigrans x2

AntsLuxembourg

Re: Something I noticed about the forum

Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:17 am

RespectforAnts wrote:
I have noticed in the past that ant species such as camponotus novaeboracensis show a red line under them marking them incorrect when they are not is this something that can be fixed or is it too much to put in all the ant species or make the computer talk latin. :D
This is easily explained. It's not part of the forum, but the word filter of your browser.
I understand that they cannot cover every single word in existence and also not every possible name. Basically what you can do is go find the correct way to write that name / word and then do a right click add to dictionary. That way it will add itself. ;)

I would say unless an ant expert joins their team to put them all on the list, it's not going to change any time soon.
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.

SolenopsisKeeper

Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:14 am

AntsLuxembourg wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:17 am
RespectforAnts wrote:
This is easily explained. It's not part of the forum, but the word filter of your browser.
I understand that they cannot cover every single word in existence and also not every possible name. Basically what you can do is go find the correct way to write that name / word and then do a right click add to dictionary. That way it will add itself. ;)

I would say unless an ant expert joins their team to put them all on the list, it's not going to change any time soon.
Trachymyrmex isn’t “incorrect” on my side, I may have added it to my dictionary.
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

RespectforAnts

Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:44 pm

OK interesting its not a big problem but it was just kind of confuing. Thanks
C. Novaeboracensis (my favorite ant
C. Pennsylvannicus x2
Tetramorium Immigrans x2

AntsLuxembourg

Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:27 am

It's not an issue. I just figured it out either due to my IT knowledge or skills or because I am just good at figuring such things out. :P
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.

bettyvill

Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:30 am

I really like this forum. Because it seems to me that the topic of ants is just endless. Ants can be developed as various games for example here. I am sure that you will be happy if you start breeding different kinds of ants. And each one is different. :D
If you like money try to play here at the website that i presented in my profile.

SolenopsisKeeper

Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:40 am

bettyvill wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:30 am
I really like this forum. Because it seems to me that the topic of ants is just endless. Ants can be developed as various games for example here. I am sure that you will be happy if you start breeding different kinds of ants. And each one is different. :D
Ants cannot cross breed. It results in sterile queens, according to E.O. Wilson, using experiments with Solenopsis
When you accidentally reply to yourself…