Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:44 am
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:48 pm
XD LOOK AT THE LINK LOL
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BOHZyR1glQw
ITS EVEN FROM THE OWNER OF THIS WEBSITE LOL :LOL:
Pog. :o :o :shock: :shock:
I would like to retract my previous statement then. :lol:
I've never heard of it or seen it but it is good to know that it actually does happen / exist. For my defense I started watching AntsCanada about 5 years ago or and I didn't start with his oldest videos. Hence why I was unaware of this kind of curl up. Good that some of us here pay more attention to his videos. ^^
I only trust the old ones
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

AntsAntsAnts

Re: Something something

Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:25 pm

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:43 am
AntsLuxembourg wrote:
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:48 pm
XD LOOK AT THE LINK LOL
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BOHZyR1glQw
ITS EVEN FROM THE OWNER OF THIS WEBSITE LOL :LOL:
I've never heard of it or seen it but it is good to know that it actually does happen / exist. For my defense I started watching AntsCanada about 5 years ago or and I didn't start with his oldest videos. Hence why I was unaware of this kind of curl up. Good that some of us here pay more attention to his videos. ^^
Why?
keeping:
all my queens died :(
got a sugar ant colony started :)

SolenopsisKeeper

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:07 pm

AntsAntsAnts wrote:
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
AntsLuxembourg wrote:

Why?
Let me explain
1) No queen has been proven to live for 30 years max, it has been observed and he claims some species queens live for 3” years
2) He started a colony war, and trusted instinct that they were multiqueened and in his book he said Camponotus are not multi queen
3) He clickbait’s new videos (If anyone needs clickbait help pm him)
4) He removes my topics off other forums because I point out an error and simply ask a question
5) I would suggest reading Antkeeping redit where someone posted
“Why does everyone hate Mikey Bustos”

*This is not hate speech, and is protected by American and Canadian rights

AntsLuxembourg

Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:51 am

I felt it got a bit much off topic so I split the topic and moved it to Everything Else. Hope that's find with everyone. And no I don't want to silence anyone here, I just try to keep the topic on subject and not have someone random find the fact and see some random stuff that is completely unrelated. ^^'

Yes, I understand that some things he wrote in his book are not reflected by his actions. But I would like to add that everybody changes and even people that make one "racist" comment on twitter, might have A forgotten all about that tweet and B since grown out of that phase, mindset or even to be disgusted of your own behaviour. Example: You took a picture 10 years ago that you find very cringy today. That only shows that you have grown / evolved / changed.
Next I don't remember if Mikey mentioned what exact ant species it was, but in his defense, there can and always will be exceptions in ant species. I don't have a good example myself, but I am sure that there might be unknown camponotus colonies that are polygyn or at least Oligogyn. In any case U would assume, he tried something and it failed.
About the 30 years lifespan of queen, it hasn't been proven, but also not disproven yet. We don't know if the ant queen wouldn't survive longer in the wild then they would in captivity.
For the clickbait, the real question is, who wouldn't do a little clickbait if it would mean the channel grows and you make some extra money. These days people fall so easily for clickbait and I am always disappointed when the thumbnails show something that is completely unrelated to the video or not even appearing.
For the removal of your topics on other forums, I have no idea. Is it really him or is it the mods thinking that you have an absolute hate and negative attitude against someone which out of context just comes over as annoying spam.
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.

Antloverhuman

Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:17 am

Yeah my camponotus compressus colony is apparently polygenous and there is a dude on the internet who has a colony with 3 queens and they are doing great
Ants I have-
camponotus compressus colony- the shadow warriors.
Pls just let me have a tetramorium colony

SYUTEO

Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:35 am

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
AntsAntsAnts wrote:
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:

Why?
Let me explain
1) No queen has been proven to live for 30 years max, it has been observed and he claims some species queens live for 3” years
2) He started a colony war, and trusted instinct that they were multiqueened and in his book he said Camponotus are not multi queen
4) He removes my topics off other forums because I point out an error and simply ask a question

The queen observed to live up to 30 years (not exactly 30 years, it's actually 29.something years) is one from a captive Lasius niger colony. Most queens there typically live up to 5 years but it all depends on species. And I read somewhere that he killed his original C. diversa colony by dumping them into the Garden of Eden despite the species being sensitive to soil changes.

And also there are plenty of threads that discuss about this.

SolenopsisKeeper

Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:53 pm

SYUTEO wrote:
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
AntsAntsAnts wrote:

Why?
Let me explain

The queen observed to live up to 30 years (not exactly 30 years, it's actually 29.something years) is one from a captive Lasius niger colony. Most queens there typically live up to 5 years but it all depends on species. And I read somewhere that he killed his original C. diversa colony by dumping them into the Garden of Eden despite the species being sensitive to soil changes.

I will add up all points by February first but yes, if something is not proven or disproven,… it’s just a…
Also, what were the chances camp was multi queened

SYUTEO

Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:26 pm

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
SYUTEO wrote:
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:

Let me explain

I will add up all points by February first but yes, if something is not proven or disproven,… it’s just a…
Very few species of Camponotus are polygynous, if you try to merge two queens/colonies of a strictly monogynous species they will most likely kill each other. But there are a few species that are polygynous such as C. planatus and C. nicobarensis (note: C. nicobarensis queens might still kill each other even when they seem to be getting along even if they successfully establised a colony and sometimes the colony can have over 1000 workers before this happens.). So far I only managed to confirm five species of Camponotus that are polygynous (three from antwiki (C.nawai, planatus, yamaokai), one from other antkeepers (C. nicobarensis) and one that AntsCanada has kept before (unknown Camponotus species).). So only about 0.003% of Camponotus are polygynous (yes I calculated but the total result was like 12 digits long).

SolenopsisKeeper

Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:40 pm

SYUTEO wrote:
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
SYUTEO wrote:

Very few species of Camponotus are polygynous, if you try to merge two queens/colonies of a strictly monogynous species they will most likely kill each other. But there are a few species that are polygynous such as C. planatus and C. nicobarensis (note: C. nicobarensis queens might still kill each other even when they seem to be getting along even if they successfully establised a colony and sometimes the colony can have over 1000 workers before this happens.). So far I only managed to confirm five species of Camponotus that are polygynous (three from antwiki (C.nawai, planatus, yamaokai), one from other antkeepers (C. nicobarensis) and one that AntsCanada has kept before (unknown Camponotus species).). So only about 0.003% of Camponotus are polygynous (yes I calculated but the total result was like 12 digits long).
Here are some too reasons to NOT trust new AC videos
1) Claims info that goes strictly against his own book!
(I.e. when he claimed Camponotus has exceptions(more like what SYETUO(I hope spelling is right) said!)
2) Claims info that has not been proven-
L. Niger cannot live to 30, 29 years is the maximum recorded age, like a human recently lived until 123, but this doesn’t mean you will too. It isn’t disproven or proven so it is not a fact.
3) They are for the sole purpose of entertainment
It is very sad, how much he has changed as he use to say “I hope you find this for education”(Years and years ago” and now says “enjoy”
4) He is in it for the money(But who wouldn’t be?)
He doesn’t actually devote himself to the ants… he farms views off their casualties. This is truly sad, especially for the ants.
5) He takes risks not needed
HE TRIED TO MERGE COLONIES WITH AN ID(He even owns a forum and has biologist friends who happens to reply right after his experiment failed.

People have even started to use “Don’t pull an AC”, meaning don’t take bad care of your ants. This was seen popularly used on a discord server dedicated to ants with 6k members.

He is decent for joining antkeepers, as he spreads the hobby though.

AntsAntsAnts

Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:38 am

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:40 pm
SYUTEO wrote:
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:

Here are some too reasons to NOT trust new AC videos
1) Claims info that goes strictly against his own book!
(I.e. when he claimed Camponotus has exceptions(more like what SYETUO(I hope spelling is right) said!)
2) Claims info that has not been proven-
L. Niger cannot live to 30, 29 years is the maximum recorded age, like a human recently lived until 123, but this doesn’t mean you will too. It isn’t disproven or proven so it is not a fact.
3) They are for the sole purpose of entertainment
It is very sad, how much he has changed as he use to say “I hope you find this for education”(Years and years ago” and now says “enjoy”
4) He is in it for the money(But who wouldn’t be?)
He doesn’t actually devote himself to the ants… he farms views off their casualties. This is truly sad, especially for the ants.
5) He takes risks not needed
HE TRIED TO MERGE COLONIES WITH AN ID(He even owns a forum and has biologist friends who happens to reply right after his experiment failed.

People have even started to use “Don’t pull an AC”, meaning don’t take bad care of your ants. This was seen popularly used on a discord server dedicated to ants with 6k members.

He is decent for joining antkeepers, as he spreads the hobby though.
AC is terrible at decision making... but very inspiring. Looking back at past videos, i found the reasons why he lies
1. he legit said that queen solis (fire nation queen) would live for 30 years but look! she lived for like three years. then he did the camponotus crap when the antkeeping handbook he wrote himself said that they were normally monogynous. if you look in the posts in the thing when he first showed a glimpse of the camponoseum, everyone was saying "ant love forever?" and one person even said "his new vids are all for money sad" this is true, go and have a look...
keeping:
all my queens died :(
got a sugar ant colony started :)