Dream Ant Colony

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

terrellgriffin

Re: Dream Ant Colony

Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:39 am

With ants, I do not think there is anything suitable such as a place. It is because their habitat does not revolve around the spaces they live in or come from. This includes every part and section of the world. Moreover, the colonies they begin and are a part of have no specific boundaries than the ones we transform and prescribe for them. Hence, I believe there is a class of ants which will be beneficial wherever it goes. And that class is of the garden ants. Their behavior and appearance is not difficult to understand, especially from their name. Moreover, they offer some good and fine benefits for the fields that make the owners relieved.
A garden ant is not long or wide. Rather it is short and has a round back. It looks like a thick muscular ant but with a small size. The color is usually black and not green unlike their name. But greenery is where their use comes from. In addition, they can be placed in the garden to mate and transform their colonies in these places. They protect the field from pesticides thus a great benefit is on the way with such ants. Moreover, you do not have to spend a lot on the fertilizers since the cost is low.

SolenopsisKeeper

Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:32 am

terrellgriffin wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:39 am
With ants, I do not think there is anything suitable such as a place. It is because their habitat does not revolve around the spaces they live in or come from. This includes every part and section of the world. Moreover, the colonies they begin and are a part of have no specific boundaries than the ones we transform and prescribe for them. Hence, I believe there is a class of ants which will be beneficial wherever it goes. And that class is of the garden ants. Their behavior and appearance is not difficult to understand, especially from their name. Moreover, they offer some good and fine benefits for the fields that make the owners relieved.
A garden ant is not long or wide. Rather it is short and has a round back. It looks like a thick muscular ant but with a small size. The color is usually black and not green unlike their name. But greenery is where their use comes from. In addition, they can be placed in the garden to mate and transform their colonies in these places. They protect the field from pesticides thus a great benefit is on the way with such ants. Moreover, you do not have to spend a lot on the fertilizers since the cost is low.
This sounds like a literature work xD
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

LoverofAnts37

Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:40 pm

I know right lol, is he talking about lasius or some other type of ant. It kind of funny because where I live we do not use "hence" or "moreover" much lol.

AntsAntsAnts

Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:43 am

LoverofAnts37 wrote:
I know right lol, is he talking about lasius or some other type of ant. It kind of funny because where I live we do not use "hence" or "moreover" much lol.
it's all country difference. my dream ants are leafcutter and trap-jaws
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:25 am
Antloverhuman wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:23 pm
I absolutely love leafcutter ants and bull ants but none on them are found here :roll:
I just realized literally almost every genera of ant lives in Florida excluding weaver ants and army ants. For leaf cutters we have trachymrymex I think we have Atta in the panhandle, we have invicta, big headed ants, black crazy ants, Camponotus, and even trap jaw ants. But, due to the amount of invasive spieces all the interesting natives are hard to find. I say the invicta ratio to native ants is about 10:1. In an acre of land, I found 2 Camponotus colonies and tons of pymrid ants and fire ants. RIP native ants.
you forgot bull ants!
keeping:
all my queens died :(
got a sugar ant colony started :)

SolenopsisKeeper

Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:14 pm

AntsAntsAnts wrote:
LoverofAnts37 wrote:
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Antloverhuman wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:23 pm
I absolutely love leafcutter ants and bull ants but none on them are found here :roll:
I just realized literally almost every genera of ant lives in Florida excluding weaver ants and army ants. For leaf cutters we have trachymrymex I think we have Atta in the panhandle, we have invicta, big headed ants, black crazy ants, Camponotus, and even trap jaw ants. But, due to the amount of invasive spieces all the interesting natives are hard to find. I say the invicta ratio to native ants is about 10:1. In an acre of land, I found 2 Camponotus colonies and tons of pymrid ants and fire ants. RIP native ants.
you forgot bull ants!
Wait u can find bull ants in fl?

AntsAntsAnts

Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:04 am

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
AntsAntsAnts wrote:
LoverofAnts37 wrote:
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:

you forgot bull ants!
no, im just saying that in the "I just realized literally almost every genera of ant lives in Florida excluding weaver ants and army ants" part, you forgot to mention bull ants. also, i'm pretty sure bull ants are only in aus
keeping:
all my queens died :(
got a sugar ant colony started :)

SYUTEO

Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:24 am

AntsAntsAnts wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:04 am
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
AntsAntsAnts wrote:

you forgot bull ants!
no, im just saying that in the "I just realized literally almost every genera of ant lives in Florida excluding weaver ants and army ants" part, you forgot to mention bull ants. also, i'm pretty sure bull ants are only in aus
All execpt one species of bull ant lives in Australia, Myrmecia apicalis.

Antloverhuman

Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:38 am

In my opinion, leafcutter ants, bull ants, Weaver ants and trap jaw ants are the coolest. However only two of them are found in India and all are very hard to keep so i cant have them yet :<
Ants I have-
camponotus compressus colony- the shadow warriors.
Pls just let me have a tetramorium colony

SolenopsisKeeper

Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:12 am

Antloverhuman wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:38 am
In my opinion, leafcutter ants, bull ants, Weaver ants and trap jaw ants are the coolest. However only two of them are found in India and all are very hard to keep so i cant have them yet :<
Ye Flordia don’t have “TRUE” leaf cutter ants, only trachymyrmex and they still cut leaves but make smaller gardens then atta

SYUTEO

Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:08 am

My dream ant species would be bull ants but they aren't native to my country so I think instead I can keep asian jumping ants (Harpegnathos venator) which is the closest thing to bull ants in my country.