Anybody else?

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

Antloverhuman

Re: Anybody else?

Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:42 am

There are also some spammer that put topics like" i am the new guy" and i know they are a spam as they never really reappear or post anything else but i really don't know if i should report it as they might be a real person who doesn't know English lol
Ants I have-
camponotus compressus colony- the shadow warriors.
Pls just let me have a tetramorium colony

SolenopsisKeeper

Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:11 pm

Antloverhuman wrote:
There are also some spammer that put topics like" i am the new guy" and i know they are a spam as they never really reappear or post anything else but i really don't know if i should report it as they might be a real person who doesn't know English lol
I report bc it is spam. I also see very… disturbing… spam…
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

AntsLuxembourg

Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:44 am

FaithHolland wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:14 am
*Spam Messager*
Scandalous. Even in my own topics there's spam bots. :lol:
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.

AntsLuxembourg

Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:58 am

Antloverhuman wrote:
Since the text is always the same with 95% the same words it's best to report it. So I can have a look. If I feel like it's not spam then I will just close the report. ;)

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

AntsAntsAnts

Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:20 am

AntsLuxembourg wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:58 am
Antloverhuman wrote:
Since the text is always the same with 95% the same words it's best to report it. So I can have a look. If I feel like it's not spam then I will just close the report. ;)
yes. also can you please tell people know that this forum is not for advertisement? thank you very much, they should go annoy some other place.
keeping:
all my queens died :(
got a sugar ant colony started :)

AntsLuxembourg

Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:58 am

AntsAntsAnts wrote:
yes. also can you please tell people know that this forum is not for advertisement? thank you very much, they should go annoy some other place.
If I could, I would teleport to them and even if it seems brutal, break their neck or smack them in their face for putting so much spam out their.

SolenopsisKeeper

Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:20 am

AntsLuxembourg wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:58 am
AntsAntsAnts wrote:
If I could, I would teleport to them and even if it seems brutal, break their neck or smack them in their face for putting so much spam out their.
That’s fair xD they would just come back, lets make a confirmation system where mods have to confirm ur account… probably wouldn’t completly,work though, and there would still be spam.

AntsLuxembourg

Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:50 am

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
That’s fair xD they would just come back, lets make a confirmation system where mods have to confirm ur account… probably wouldn’t completly,work though, and there would still be spam.
I wouldn't mind that but after some time it would be just too annoying for me. I would go Bruce Allmighty and just auto accept everyone. But there should be at least a captcha or something that changes. Even if I have to come up with random ***** questions like:

- Does Bruno Mars is ****?
- Is Hillary Clinton the President of the US?
- Why did the Queen fart without telling anyone?
- Can you drink your own urin from a snake skin? (Bear Grylls ref.)

You know. Some easy questions. ;)
I bet I could come up with about 1000+ of those from all parts of the world just to make like for spam bots more difficult. ;)

But don't worry, once I or someone else have access to the spam filter, I will chuck all the useless things out and make sure that only posts and topics with the right words are blocked. It will still take time for this as the person I'm in touch with is trying to get access to make changes and adjustments.

It's taking a long time but some things need their time. So until then we can try and stay positive and chuck all the spam and garbage out of this forum just like ants. ;)

SolenopsisKeeper

Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:51 am

AntsLuxembourg wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:50 am
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
I wouldn't mind that but after some time it would be just too annoying for me. I would go Bruce Allmighty and just auto accept everyone. But there should be at least a captcha or something that changes. Even if I have to come up with random ***** questions like:

- Does Bruno Mars is ****?
- Is Hillary Clinton the President of the US?
- Why did the Queen fart without telling anyone?
- Can you drink your own urin from a snake skin? (Bear Grylls ref.)

You know. Some easy questions. ;)
I bet I could come up with about 1000+ of those from all parts of the world just to make like for spam bots more difficult. ;)

But don't worry, once I or someone else have access to the spam filter, I will chuck all the useless things out and make sure that only posts and topics with the right words are blocked. It will still take time for this as the person I'm in touch with is trying to get access to make changes and adjustments.

It's taking a long time but some things need their time. So until then we can try and stay positive and chuck all the spam and garbage out of this forum just like ants. ;)
I put “buying ants from GAN”
MY NOTIFICATINS: You have been ban for advertisement

AntsLuxembourg

Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:47 am

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:51 am

I put “buying ants from GAN”
MY NOTIFICATINS: You have been ban for advertisement
Lol. That would be really stupid if that was the case.