So upset

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

AceCadet

So upset

Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:09 am

Im just so freaking pissed at myself. I managed to drop the testube containing my favorite and first ever caught Formica queen. And of course she fell out of the tube. Well I think the tube fell on her partially because now theres a nick in her side oozing white. And now I fear my stupid mistake will be the death of her. Ugh. I was trying to move them to hibernation. My hand just slipped. I still have teo Formica queens of much smaller species but still. I feel terrible and just wanted to vent.

Serafine

Re: So upset

Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:53 am

Put her back in the tube and see what happens. Just because she's bleeding doesn't mean she's going to die. Give her a week or two in the warm (and maybe a very small drop of honey) so she can regenerate the wound before putting her into hibernation.

AceCadet

Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:50 am

She actually is doing ok this morning. Shes not showing sign of the injury last night but Im still gonna hold off on hibernating her for a little. Sorry about the panic last night I just get really attached and felt terrible for hurting her. Im so happy she seems to be doing well.

Serafine

Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:48 am

It's okay, I can feel you. For some people it might seems strange but you can get attached to any pet, it doesn't matter if it's a puppy, a kitten or a queen ant.
I would probably have been pretty down as well if that had happened to any of my ant queens (or even workers). Good to hear she's okay, I hope she'll do fine in the future and grow a big healthy colony =)