Ants?

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

Shafi22

Ants?

Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:30 am

Hi guys! I would be getting a Pheidole colony soon and I would like to know if they are good beginner ants and since this species is pologynous( I don't know if this spelling is right) does that mean I can introduce New Pheidole Queen Ants to this colony that has 10 workers? And if I can when and how can I do it? Thanks!

Martialis

Re: Ants?

Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:43 am

Shafi22 wrote:Hi guys! I would be getting a Pheidole colony soon and I would like to know if they are good beginner ants and since this species is pologynous( I don't know if this spelling is right) does that mean I can introduce New Pheidole Queen Ants to this colony that has 10 workers? And if I can when and how can I do it? Thanks!
I'd say they are.
Sadly, no you cannot introduce new queens to already founded colonies in most species. :( I doubt Pheidole is one of those that you can.
Keeper of

Selliing:

Shafi22

Re: Ants?

Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:09 am

Martialis wrote:
Shafi22 wrote:Hi guys! I would be getting a Pheidole colony soon and I would like to know if they are good beginner ants and since this species is pologynous( I don't know if this spelling is right) does that mean I can introduce New Pheidole Queen Ants to this colony that has 10 workers? And if I can when and how can I do it? Thanks!
I'd say they are.
Sadly, no you cannot introduce new queens to already founded colonies in most species. :( I doubt Pheidole is one of those that you can.
Thanks!