Almost got scammed

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

AntLove5Ever

Almost got scammed

Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:41 pm

I caught a scam that would cost me 125 dollars. Be careful, and never shop at sketchy places. Should I say the business to be weary of or just say be careful out there. Always dot your Is and cross your Ts

AntsMclama

Re: Almost got scammed

Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:12 pm

AntsCanada do say not to buy from fishy places, or homemade formicariums as they are usually not built right. (though, i'd probably sell some formicariums myself if i make some good ones)

I would be curious of this "business" but I'm assuming its just a site that you were browsing?

AntLove5Ever

Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:28 pm

AntsMclama wrote:AntsCanada do say not to buy from fishy places, or homemade formicariums as they are usually not built right. (though, i'd probably sell some formicariums myself if i make some good ones)

I would be curious of this "business" but I'm assuming its just a site that you were browsing?
Yeah, it was online, and it was one of the owners who tried to scam me.

Barfdog

Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:33 pm

AntLove5Ever wrote:I caught a scam that would cost me 125 dollars. Be careful, and never shop at sketchy places. Should I say the business to be weary of or just say be careful out there. Always dot your Is and cross your Ts

I posted a craigslist ad in Phoenix and someone called me from Ohio attempting to get me to send them moneygram money of like 150$, told me "It was okay and he had done this many times" and all I had to do was pay for 150$ SHIPPING. I lol'd and trolled him and made him send me pictures but they were all off the internet and you could just tell he didn't know a damn thing. Be careful guys. :lol: :lol:
Keeper of:

One M1ABRAMS TANK AKA Camponotus Laevigatus Queen

MCWren

Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:39 pm

AntsMclama wrote:AntsCanada do say not to buy from fishy places, or homemade formicariums as they are usually not built right. (though, i'd probably sell some formicariums myself if i make some good ones)

When did AntsCanada ever say not to use homemade formicaria? I've heard him recommend making your own before.

Serafine

Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Making your own and buying one from a shady place is something entirely different.

AntsMclama

Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:52 pm

MCWren wrote:

When did AntsCanada ever say not to use homemade formicaria? I've heard him recommend making your own before.
No, he has said not to buy homemade formicariums before in one of his videos as they are usually not built right.
Can't seem to edit the old post ;(