Somethin in the water

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

Iabast

Somethin in the water

Sun May 24, 2020 5:08 am

So, this has nothing substantial to do with ants, so that’s why I put it here. I live in MD, close to a man made lake. The bugs around here aren’t that cool or special,or even interesting looking (save for the occasional arrowhead spiders and the Uncommon Solenopsis colonies sprinkled here and there.).On Friday, it had rained for pretty much the whole day, so yesterday I went on a walk to the lake to look for some queens. The first bug that caught my eye was the BIGGEST BEETLE I HAVE EVER SEEN! This thing was so big, that it wouldn’t have fit an my snap cap vial, so I kept walking after admiring it for a bit. By the time I got to the lake, I hadn’t found any queens, and there were some ominous clouds rolling in, so I decided to head back. I only got a few steps before I stopped in my tracks, because right in front of me was the BIGGEST MILLIPEDE I HAVE EVER LAID MY EYES ON! Now, that isn’t saying much, because I’m used to the little tiny ones that you’d find crawling around your house in the summer. The ones you can pick up and handle without a worry. So it was all the more shocking to see the American Giant Millipede crawling in front of me. This thing is nearly four inches long, and is over a quarter of an inch thick! After I got over my initial shock, I grabbed my snap cap and coaxed the behemoth of a millipede into it (it was a tight fit, but it was able to coil up). One thing that was apparent: it was NOT happy! Seriously, there was so much poison coming of of this thing, that I had to POUR it out and run home so that it wouldn’t drown in its own defense. But... it was worth it. Because I know have an American Giant Millipede to terrorize my mother with. But while I did gain an epic story and what is essential limitless power over my mother, now am plagued with a single question: WHAT THE IS IN THAT WATER?!?!

Hawkeye

Re: Somethin in the water

Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:02 am

Is there a leaky nuclear plant nearby? Or a laboratory where they do clandestine tests? :D :D

Iabast

Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:56 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Is there a leaky nuclear plant nearby? Or a laboratory where they do clandestine tests? :D :D
No, well... not that I know of...

Hawkeye

Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:12 pm

Iabast wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:56 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
No, well... not that I know of...
hahahahahaha well it must be lady luck then!