Searching for the Ultimate Ants To Keep

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

EdgarFromLatvia

Searching for the Ultimate Ants To Keep

Post: # 10504Post EdgarFromLatvia
Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:20 am

Help me please, if you have the time.
What ants are the best to keep and observe from these kinds of ants:
Camponotus
Formica
Lasius
Leptothorax
Myrmica
Temnothorax
Tetramorium

And some exclusive species in my place:
Formicoxenus nitidulus
Harpagoxenus sublaevis
Myrmecina graminicola
Solenopsis fugax
Strongylognathus testaceus

User avatar
Batspiderfish
Posts: 3343
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:47 pm
Location: Maine

Re: Searching for the Ultimate Ants To Keep

Post: # 10512Post Batspiderfish
Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:03 pm

The social parasites from Lasius and Formica are interesting ants to keep.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

MCWren

Re: Searching for the Ultimate Ants To Keep

Post: # 10515Post MCWren
Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:42 pm

Batspiderfish wrote:The social parasites from Lasius and Formica are interesting ants to keep.
Not to mention difficult! ;)

AnthonyP163

Re: Searching for the Ultimate Ants To Keep

Post: # 10522Post AnthonyP163
Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:02 pm

Lasius... Flav.... UUUUUSSSSS

Martialis
Posts: 1577
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:30 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: Searching for the Ultimate Ants To Keep

Post: # 10541Post Martialis
Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:15 pm

EdgarFromLatvia wrote:Help me please, if you have the time.
What ants are the best to keep and observe from these kinds of ants:
Camponotus
Formica
Lasius
Leptothorax
Myrmica
Temnothorax
Tetramorium

And some exclusive species in my place:
Formicoxenus nitidulus
Harpagoxenus sublaevis
Myrmecina graminicola
Solenopsis fugax
Strongylognathus testaceus
The kind that has six legs and crawls.
Keeper of

Selliing:

EdgarFromLatvia

Re: Searching for the Ultimate Ants To Keep

Post: # 10542Post EdgarFromLatvia
Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:16 am

MCWren wrote:
Batspiderfish wrote:The social parasites from Lasius and Formica are interesting ants to keep.
Not to mention difficult! ;)
I will look into that, and when i get good at ant keeping, i will try to make a social parasite ant colony. Almost forgot about em.

EdgarFromLatvia

Re: Searching for the Ultimate Ants To Keep

Post: # 10543Post EdgarFromLatvia
Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:19 am

Durant wrote::twisted: :twisted: :twisted: FIRE AND EXPLOSIONS!!! SOLENOPSIS
Oh, yeah, from the solenopsis we have only one exclusive species, and they will not going to be as good as solenopsis invicta, but it should be fun, thanx.

EdgarFromLatvia

Re: Searching for the Ultimate Ants To Keep

Post: # 10544Post EdgarFromLatvia
Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:20 am

Martialis wrote:
EdgarFromLatvia wrote:Help me please, if you have the time.
What ants are the best to keep and observe from these kinds of ants:
Camponotus
Formica
Lasius
Leptothorax
Myrmica
Temnothorax
Tetramorium

And some exclusive species in my place:
Formicoxenus nitidulus
Harpagoxenus sublaevis
Myrmecina graminicola
Solenopsis fugax
Strongylognathus testaceus
The kind that has six legs and crawls.
Hehe.

User avatar
idahoantgirl
Posts: 1530
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:52 am
Location: Idaho, USA

Re: Searching for the Ultimate Ants To Keep

Post: # 10575Post idahoantgirl
Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:40 pm

tetramorium is very fast growing, fun to watch, easy to care for and harmless to humans but agressive to pray.
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

Austheboss
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:17 pm
Location: Boston Area

Re: Searching for the Ultimate Ants To Keep

Post: # 10620Post Austheboss
Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:35 pm

Martialis wrote:
EdgarFromLatvia wrote:Help me please, if you have the time.
What ants are the best to keep and observe from these kinds of ants:
Camponotus
Formica
Lasius
Leptothorax
Myrmica
Temnothorax
Tetramorium

And some exclusive species in my place:
Formicoxenus nitidulus
Harpagoxenus sublaevis
Myrmecina graminicola
Solenopsis fugax
Strongylognathus testaceus
The kind that has six legs and crawls.
Lol :lol: made me crack up.
.---- ..--- ..--- .....-----

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests