Avicularia versicolor

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

lunarae

Avicularia versicolor

Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:29 pm

So I know this site is all about ants, but I wanted to share one of our other family members that we have here in our home. I did a small video on our Avicularia versicolor. She is still young and growing, it's a video of her before and after molt as well as her before and after enclosure. She has molted again since and been upgraded to a much larger enclosure with a bonsai tree and other various living scenery.

The music is done by my brother who is an aspiring musician.

I enjoy making vivariums and this is just one of many various ones I have made around the house. It's also just featuring one of our many inverts we have living in the home with us. (I'm finding new ones to add to the collection every day)

Anyways hope you enjoy, she's really beautiful and once she is full grown she will be purple and green. ^.^

Another little interesting bit, out of the various insects out there, ants is one of the greatest dangers when it comes to tarantulas. They have been known to chase them out of their very homes or if they don't make it out in time become a very nice meal for an ant colony. Ants is one of the more hated insects for tarantula keepers for the dangers they pose to their pet spiders. When I told the tarantula community I'm a part of, I was gonna start up an ant colony I didn't get very encouraging responses. XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjswj4Q5sg

AntsLuxembourg

Re: Avicularia versicolor

Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:03 am

Shame the video is privated. Would have loved to have a look. :)
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.