Where do I find fake omni nests?

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

AntnoobSG

Where do I find fake omni nests?

Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:29 am

I absolutely love AntsCanada’s omni nest but it’s a bit too pricy. I wonder where to get the fake Chinese ones other than the ones from taobao.i want it to be almost identical
Keeper of :
Camponotus albosparsus x2 :o
Camponotus Irritans ;)
Hoping for pheidole colony :D

Hunter36o

Re: Where do I find fake omni nests?

Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:27 am

It won't be identical but wish.com have some okay ones. The ones on wish also have a less basic nest structure ideal for Lasius but they will suit most ants as long as super majors are not present. If the species you have chosen has supers, then an easy fix would be to manually increase the hole size for the ants.
I'll be posting a topic with all my beginner style enclosures and I'll make sure to add that one for you. I'll post a link to the topic once complete.
Research is important before during and even after you have established a colony. There is always time to learn and to listen to others experiences. Live by this and your ants will thrive. Fail to do so and your experience may be brief.

Hunter36o

Re: Where do I find fake omni nests?

Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:17 am

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=17onxTZNudOUrZGNRCwWXKCMvr3xNuz-F

As promised, tho a day late :lol:
Research is important before during and even after you have established a colony. There is always time to learn and to listen to others experiences. Live by this and your ants will thrive. Fail to do so and your experience may be brief.