Ant hunting places

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

WestCoastAnts

Ant hunting places

Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:44 pm

I know this may be a dum question IDK. Does anyone know of good places to catch ants in the San Diego area I'm not even sure If anyone lives down here but IDK :| (and yes I'm aware the seasons' over)
Owner of:
Nothing :|

Henry1122

Re: Ant hunting places

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:08 pm

Ants are quick bugs and look hard to get, there are numerous approaches to get ants, from setting traps with draw to dynamic chasing, make sure to inquire about your territory to know which ants can be gathered before beginning your pursuit...

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not

slink1212

Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:32 am

Probably parks and green territories around the city.

Hunter36o

Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:41 am

I do not know what the weather is like year round there, but if it's cold and ants are hibernating. Wait for the warm weather to come back and the ants will begin to forge again. At this point you will be able to track the ants and you will be able to find colony locations. After doing that you will be able to plan you hunt correctly for the flight season.

Look up the species of your area so you have a head start on where to look by researching the habits of the species you plan to find. This will give you an even greater head start when planning your hunt.
Research is important before during and even after you have established a colony. There is always time to learn and to listen to others experiences. Live by this and your ants will thrive. Fail to do so and your experience may be brief.

Attatexana

Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:45 pm

Look by lakes and there are both numerous leafcutter ants and Camponotus ants in forest with pine trees from my experience.