How can I get my single queen with no brood or workers to become active

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

DippinDeep

How can I get my single queen with no brood or workers to become active

Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:03 am

My queen has no brutal workers and she is very in active just sitting in her aunt farm pretty much doing nothing what can I do to get her active and to start laying brewed

AntsDakota

Re: How can I get my single queen with no brood or workers to become active

Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:31 pm

DippinDeep wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:03 am
My queen has no brutal workers and she is very in active just sitting in her aunt farm pretty much doing nothing what can I do to get her active and to start laying brewed
She is most likely getting ready for hibernation if you live in a temperate region. Then there is nothing you can do, and it is best to give her what she wants- cold.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

Hunter36o

Re: How can I get my single queen with no brood or workers to become active

Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:47 am

It would help if your location was not just a bunch of numbers. Having your location on Ur profile will allow us to answer SOME questions with a little more accuracy when we know the area your ants are from.

Like Dekota said it could be getting herself ready for the winter season.
If she does not need to hibernate, she could be too exposed. You said she is in an ant farm? If she is not in a test tube or similar set up, you could have given her too much space and she is not comfortable in her current set up to lay eggs. Ants, including semi claustral queen's need a tightish chamber that has just enough space for the queen to turn around comfortably in to feel comfortable enough to start laying eggs.

Hope this helps.
Officially caring for 5 Lasius colonies :D :D :D

Founding stage:
1x Myrmica Rubra with one worker

3 Lasius Niger colonies will be on sale AFTER hibernation.