Ask a gardener thread

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

MorbidBugg

Ask a gardener thread

Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:57 pm

Have questions about what plants are found in your area that ants use? Wondering if an amount of soil is okay to root a plant? Wondering if your plant releases toxins or chemicals harmful to ants or insects? Can you answer some of these questions?
Then you've come to the right thread. This is an open thread for all interested in botany and those who can provide information. And trust me sometimes when you think a piece of knowledge is common it is more than likely not. So you too can help assist those who wish to enhance the lives of their pets please pose questions and let us know where you live and perhaps you may find help from someone, or two!

Let me start off the questioning! Does anyone have an interest in plants gardening and botany where abouts are you?
I shall answer first as well :)

I live in southern ontario in what is known as the green belt while not an expert as I don't have a degree, however I have been pretty much learned by exposure from family and lifestyle really. I know plants that thrive well in zone 6 (zones are broken down as to what can grow and what cannot grow in you're area https://www.almanac.com/content/planting-zones-us-and-canada)
And any help I can give I will do my best! Looking forward to it.
Ants are life's most successful invaders. Understand and respect that power.

antnest8

Re: Ask a gardener thread

Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:53 pm

Hey this is antnest i think that i like gardening but not as much as you it seems.i live in south Michigan so it's gets pretty cold in the winter luckily though i have been able to grow an avocado tree for about 4 years now.
Some of My Informative Sheets
https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=19099
Includes :
  • Ant Care Sheets
    Queen Hunting
    How To Identify Ants
Goal is to become #2 poster on the forum