Angry rant about people who like to go with only the bare minimum.

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

Hunter36o

Angry rant about people who like to go with only the bare minimum.

Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:34 am

As it says I am very much angry at this point with the amount of people who want to do as little as possible.for their ants. These are pets now. If you are keeping ants they are your pets and your responsibility. If you want to save money and time and energy. Buy a cat. Or teddy bear. Not a dependent creature you are not prepared or even willing to go all out for.

Would you only feed your dog's scrap meats and bones found on the streets or in a dump? I hope not. I hope you would go to the pet store and discover what food suits your bread of dog and his or her nutritional needs. I would hope that you would get fresh meaty bones from the butcher's spare stash or even buy one.

If your mother was not bothered and only done the bare.minimum for you, a price of dry near and 5 little beans for dinner all the time how would you feel? Weak, malnourished, hungry, unhappy and you would crave to be in a new home where people (or yourself) can take better care.of your self and meet your needs. ANTS NEED THE SAME!

They are not UR pet. They are now in captivity and can only get what you provide. Even if you do not breed your feeder foods. They are not expensive and do not force you to rob a bank. Now if you are in a position were you cannot provide the best or even something close.do not get into ant keeping or anything of the sort because these are living creature that have needs that have to be met and if your not willing to do this but insist on keeping them then shame one you!!!! This place is made.for."Ant love forever" but I see a lot of people lacking this love.

Making a cheap for practical formicarium is okay once it meets the basics. Food is not the same thing. Food is important. Nutrition is important and the ants life you hold in your hands if very.much important.

SO PLEASE for the love all things living think before you get into this hobby and ask yourself. "Am I in the position to provide what is NEEDED for these ants to in sure they have the best life possible under my care?" And if the answer is no or I don't know or I am not sure. Then stop. Stop and wait until you know you have the responsibility to take care of a LIVING CREATURE or in this case A SUPER ORGANISM. It really Bugs me out to think you do not want to go all out for a pet.

And in truth I do not care if people start to hate me after this
I do not care about you. I did not join this forum for you. I did it for the ants and them only. And I am sick to my core with the amount of people not willing to do what is needed. And removed you do not have to go crazy on spending loads of money on housing ants that is relatively easy and cheap. It is the food and nutrition that I am on about. You go live of a.breakfast bar and 1 piece of dryer chicken every day for a week and tell me how you feel. Telle how much energy you have left?

Love the creatures under your care and be good to them.

And before you tell makes it too hard. I have a 2 year old son, a 7 year old dog, 6 fish, over a dozen ants (all healthy and no loose since find things them) I have a full time time for a international company that requires me to travel at least 3 times a year and I am in the process of renovating my interest house. What on earth is your excuse?
Research is important before during and even after you have established a colony. There is always time to learn and to listen to others experiences. Live by this and your ants will thrive. Fail to do so and your experience may be brief.

cheetawolf

Re: Angry rant about people who like to go with only the bare minimum.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:36 pm

wow this was fun to read, congrats i have lots of ants too
Fellow Ant Keeper!
Youtuber
Channel name: Evador (please check out my channel that would be epic)
link-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-7SIjQbnXF6_w-5cCT9A7A

GAN farmer in BC Canada

ClashOwenBash

Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:41 pm

Sooooo tempted to quote that.
Ant-keeper going into his 4th year of loving ants!

MorbidBugg

Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:50 am

So at first I was gonna angry rant a little bit about the lack of care but it seems you've touched upon it slightly.

I don't think broadcasting you're successes in life are actually the issue here. I'm unemployed I have a disabled wife a beagle 3 cats ants and a slew of insects which I care for. My professional life holds little bearing on my pets. Besides the quality of food I can afford.

However I think monetary issues are at the heart of your specific rant but not in the way you're in visioning it. All low me if you will to expand.

Anytime humans but a monetary value on anything you start to notice a group of people solely driven by money start to emerge.

I've seen this happen in almost every exotic or nontraditional pets.

First it started with lizards when people found out you can force evolutionary patterns prices started to fluctuate and soon the market was full of breeders who were just out for a quick buck. It got worse with the ball python craze 10s of thousands of dollars for a specific recessive gene trait. Instantly this enue of pets was bombarded by people trying to again make a quick buck.

I find the mentality of these people much like a ceo of a factory the end goal is more profit less loss and loss comes in the form of nutrition and basic care.

So believe it or not it's not those who make little no money who don't care. I believe it's those who care more for the money of selling the Queens on mass bulk you'll start to see the 'ant love dwindle.

The glaring issue: it's not always the case and it's hard to pinpoint anyone person or set of life issues to determine who these people are

If your main drive to find an ant is 'I'm gonna make money' then perhaps one should think hard about why they are actually part of this pet hobby.
Ants are life's most successful invaders. Understand and respect that power.

Hunter36o

Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:24 am

Sorry the point about me work was not about the income side of things, but the fact it is very demanding and requires me to be out of the country a minimum of 3 times a year. That it has me busy 24/7 but I still make the time to care for and even spoil all pets of all sizes. Sorry if I put in a way that came across as get a job ya lazy folk because that is not what I ment. I know laods with out jobs who still go high and low for their pets and those who do not is where my issues are from.

I also agree and I will admit I originally planned to see most queens for more money strictly for my ants. However I typically got attached and have not signed up to the GAN as of yet :lol:

I hate people who do it only for the money because it also takes away from the customer because not only did u spend a pretty penny on a new pet but also have to triple the work at the start just to get them back to good health.

I just want people to put 110% into caring for their ants as they would with any other pet. They rely on us the minute we take in a queen.
Research is important before during and even after you have established a colony. There is always time to learn and to listen to others experiences. Live by this and your ants will thrive. Fail to do so and your experience may be brief.

Hunter36o

Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:27 am

*** SPAM *** wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:41 pm
Sooooo tempted to quote that.
Hahaha why is that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

ClashOwenBash

Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:31 am

It would make people scroll for an age before seeing my reply.
Ant-keeper going into his 4th year of loving ants!

Hunter36o

Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:24 am

Hahahaha!! It would be amusing xD

MorbidBugg

Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:39 am

Hunter36o wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:24 am
Sorry the point about me work was not about the income side of things, but the fact it is very demanding and requires me to be out of the country a minimum of 3 times a year. That it has me busy 24/7 but I still make the time to care for and even spoil all pets of all sizes. Sorry if I put in a way that came across as get a job ya lazy folk because that is not what I ment. I know laods with out jobs who still go high and low for their pets and those who do not is where my issues are from.

I also agree and I will admit I originally planned to see most queens for more money strictly for my ants. However I typically got attached and have not signed up to the GAN as of yet :lol:

I hate people who do it only for the money because it also takes away from the customer because not only did u spend a pretty penny on a new pet but also have to triple the work at the start just to get them back to good health.

I just want people to put 110% into caring for their ants as they would with any other pet. They rely on us the minute we take in a queen.
I agree completely with this clarification.

And I know the call of money. it starts with 'well if I can catch 4 extra queens...I can' next thing ya know addiction sets in 'okay 4 queens got me this so if I get 20 queens I'll get this!' Little do they remember how much time care and possibly money that was spent just too keel those extra 4 and when they get 20 it becomes a 'this is too much I just want the money mentality. And to be completely honest it's not everyone but there are a few who will abuse it..
Ants are life's most successful invaders. Understand and respect that power.

Hunter36o

Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:46 am

Yes, they do abuse it like others do in the pet industry, and I do feel bad because all this is set up for ant love as per Mickey's dream but people on here will and are abusing this just to earn an extra bit of cash.

It is also the people who want to look after a colony but do not want to spend time or energy giving them what they need, it just baffles me that people have that mentality. If they had the bare minimum they would not die but they would not be anywhere near as healthy as they should be, so why do these people so this for the ants they have? I do not know :(

Maybe it is because my love for animals out ways my like for humans but it just kills me on the inside to know they should have better.