Wanting help on identifying unknown bug

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

OKalien

Wanting help on identifying unknown bug

Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:56 pm

I know this sounds odd but was wondering if u could possibly help me figuring out what i was looking at as a kid.
My dad worked at an ice company in Oklahoma that made and shipped ice. There was a bug that we caught and killed unfortunately, but after that we never saw any of them again. We had seen about 4 to 6 of them before. But it was a greenish color, about 1 to 3 inches long. It had large mandibles like the Dracula Ant, had appendages that stuck out in front of them that looked like claws on the end, but it had 3 or 4 sections of their body, like an ant....not sure if it was like an actual species or if the chemicals like ammonia changed a bug .... If u have any idea id greatly appreciate it

joyjoy22

Re: Wanting help on identifying unknown bug

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:42 pm

There are a lot of bugs to start and some of them are alike.
I think we will have a hard time figuring out which one are you referring too. Try to wait for other members answer.

OKalien

Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:09 pm

I figured that. I have also went to a website called bugfinder and none of them listed in Oklahoma are what i remember

OKalien

Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:06 pm

I ACTUALLY THINK I FOUND IT!!!!! Somewhat of a rarity but i believe it was the Giant Whipscorpion