what is the most craziest thing you feed your ants?

General discussions about ants

Moderator: ooper01

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Re: what is the most craziest thing you feed your ants?

Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:02 pm

The pinky mouse was dead. And Yes I have had many snakes and at times have fed them live mice and rats. Most choose to give their reptiles dead food and that's up to the keeper. Also some reptiles will not eat already killed food so there's that issue too.

As far as this debate? My take is to each their own. If you choose to pre kill your food for your pets that's up to you, if you choose to give live food that's up to you. Mikey in fact gave a pre killed hamster to his ants. Yes it was dead but beings this a very common "Cute and cuddly pet" I'm sure some were taken back by it. Like I said to each their own.

Please allow each other their right to do as they see fit but do not judge the other person because they don't believe in doing it your way.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

Batspiderfish

Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:15 pm

MadVampy wrote:The pinky mouse was dead. And Yes I have had many snakes and at times have fed them live mice and rats. Most choose to give their reptiles dead food and that's up to the keeper. Also some reptiles will not eat already killed food so there's that issue too.

As far as this debate? My take is to each their own. If you choose to pre kill your food for your pets that's up to you, if you choose to give live food that's up to you. Mikey in fact gave a pre killed hamster to his ants. Yes it was dead but beings this a very common "Cute and cuddly pet" I'm sure some were taken back by it. Like I said to each their own.

Please allow each other their right to do as they see fit but do not judge the other person because they don't believe in doing it your way.
In the real world, opinions only matter when they can be defended. If somebody doesn't want to participate with logic or reason, then they are only really setting themselves up to make mistakes, mistakes which cost lives or cause great harm upon others.

There is no difference between torturing a cat to death and torturing a mouse to death. It is one thing when an animal's life ends quickly in predation, but it is quite another when the suffering is long and completely unnecessary. Throwing in a mouse to be stung to death by ants is cruelty. Period.

I live my life by evidence, logic, and criticism. This is what makes me a scientist and what gives me the ability to make informed and ethical choices. If my opinion cannot be defended, then I change it.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

larynx

Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:54 pm

Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

Vaporeon189

Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:08 pm

larynx wrote:Image
lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keeper of:
1 cat
3 dogs
5 goats
2 horses
1 gecko
a lot of chickens
1 peacock
2 rabbits