what is the most craziest thing you feed your ants?

General discussions about ants

Moderator: ooper01

Batspiderfish

Re: what is the most craziest thing you feed your ants?

Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:55 pm

Mice and rats are just as intelligent, social, and emotional as other mammals, which is why they are model organisms for human psychology. Mistreatment/abuse of these mammals is not legally similar to the abuse of dogs and cats, but there is zero objective difference on the pain you inflict. Being the owner of that animal does not change this.

Not giving feed animals a humane death is not defensible. Abuse is abuse, and I'd better not meet anybody who would watch an animal die slowly, in agony, for their sake.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

larynx

Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:58 pm

Like i said, to each their own.
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

Batspiderfish

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:03 pm

larynx wrote:Like i said, to each their own.
Yes, I will choose to be empathetic, and everybody else can torture whatever they are incapable of understanding. To each their own. Indefensible.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

larynx

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:11 pm

Batspiderfish wrote:
Yes, I will choose to be empathetic, and everybody else can torture whatever they are incapable of understanding. To each their own. Indefensible.
Whatever you have to tell yourself to feel superior and help you sleep man ... feel free to keep bashing people over their personal opinions. Ill be doing more productive things tonight. later. :D
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

Batspiderfish

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:18 pm

larynx wrote:
Batspiderfish wrote:
Whatever you have to tell yourself to feel superior and help you sleep man ... feel free to keep bashing people over their personal opinions. Ill be doing more productive things tonight. later. :D
I am content to sit with the completely unchallenged argument and to shut down opinions in defense of cruelty that can't be backed up with logic or evidence. The reader can decide everything else.

Vaporeon189

Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:13 pm

this is a crazy argument :lol:
Keeper of:
1 cat
3 dogs
5 goats
2 horses
1 gecko
a lot of chickens
1 peacock
2 rabbits
3 siblings XD
And hopefully a future ant keeper :D

plz read newest post

larynx

Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:17 pm

Vaporeon189 wrote:this is a crazy argument :lol:
ehh, no argument. Its just difference in opinion. One neutral, one firm. It happens, then we move on and keep anting. :D
One more reason i think a chat box would be good. we can have these debates without clogging the forum. lol ;)
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

Vaporeon189

Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:22 pm

it is an argument. not all arguments are bad! a chat box would be nice. did
you ask mikey about it? :?: :)
Keeper of:
1 cat
3 dogs
5 goats
2 horses
1 gecko
a lot of chickens
1 peacock
2 rabbits
3 siblings XD
And hopefully a future ant keeper :D

plz read newest post

larynx

Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:32 pm

Vaporeon189 wrote:it is an argument. not all arguments are bad! a chat box would be nice. sis you ask mikey about it? :?: :)
I like the word debate more. Sometime i get mistook for arguing, when im just trying to display that the are multiple opinions and everyone is entitled to them, when i really have no stance one way or the other.
:D But, no i havent asked him directly, im sure he has read the topic on it though.
I think he is waiting to see if enough mods are interested to make a viable option.
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

Batspiderfish

Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:57 pm

I feel correct in assuming that it is relevant to bring up animal cruelty in a discussion about unusual ant foods. Definitely do not feed living mammals to your ants.