My Omni Nest™ Vertical – Large Has A Ton Of Cracks! O_o

Discussion and information relating to the AntsCanada Omni Nest Series.

Moderator: ooper01

Like the Post or Dislike the Post...

100%
Dislike
No votes

Total votes: 5

BabyPigeon

My Omni Nest™ Vertical – Large Has A Ton Of Cracks! O_o

Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:06 pm

:shock: Hello fellow ant lovers and hopefully AntsCanada staff. I need your help with the Omni Nest Outworld lid. The lid appears to be developing small cracks, which are getting worse day by day. I received my Omni Nest less than a week ago and only just now noticed these small cracks in the acrylic while I was putting it together. At first, I thought they were scratches which were ok, but they are far worse than I expected. As I took a closer look with some magnifying glasses and lots of light it appeared to be a lot of tiny cracks. Now small cracks may not seem like much, but in my case they are. The species of ant I expect to put in the Omni Nest are super aggressive Fire Ants, which and crafty and relentless. They have gotten me a few times in the past, and they pack a serious punch. The problem starts to get worse as I do not have my own place where I can store my ants since I am only eighteen years old. I am living with my parents, and they barely allowed me to keep ants in the first place. After I told them what was happening to the lid, they freaked and said to me that I would have to release my two Queen Fire Ants back into their natural habitat where there are more than six other aggressive species of ant waiting to take advantage of my Queen and her first few young. Now I did my absolute best to convince them, but they are hard headed and will not budge even a little. Hopefully, the beautiful people at AntsCanada can help me as well as my ants who are in some serious trouble. Thanks to anyone and everyone who read this topic and I sincerely thank those in advance for the advice and help they provide or offer. #Antloveforever

Here are some pictures of the Omni Nest:

idahoantgirl

Re: My Omni Nest™ Vertical – Large Has A Ton Of Cracks! O_o

Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:13 pm

I have heard that rubbing alcohol cracks acrylic. Did you use something like that on it? Also note that even if the lid becomes unusable, as long as you have a good barrier there shouldn't be an problems. Most ant keepers go completely lid free and just rely on their barriers.
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

idahoantgirl

Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:25 pm

Also it looks like the cracks are only on the first layer of acrylic. That layer is just there to hold on the mesh so the ants cant get out that way.
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

ooper01
Head Moderator

Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:20 am

Sorry to hear about the cracking of the Omni Nest. Give me a day or two to talk with some folks here at AntsCanada...
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

ooper01
Head Moderator

Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:44 am

BabyPigeon wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:06 pm
:shock: Hello fellow ant lovers and hopefully AntsCanada staff. I need your help...
What is your order number?
~ ooper

Forum Moderator