AntsCanada ANT FLAG CONTEST (2 yr Anniversary of ACAF)

Announcements and discussion on upcoming store promos, contest, events, etc.

Moderator: ooper01

TriMonarchicEmpire

Re: AntsCanada ANT FLAG CONTEST (2 yr Anniversary of ACAF)

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:42 pm

Nyaonyrd wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:14 pm
TriMonarchicEmpire wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:55 pm
Nyaonyrd wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:46 pm

EDIT:
The Golden Empire: The 8 gemstones on the crown symbolise the 8 Queens of the colony.
The Dark Knights - North: The influences of the helmet of a Knight and a black rose symbolising the rose war between the nations.
The Dark Knights - South: Same symbol for the knight like ant but a burning heart to oppose their sisters in this war.

Also I now put the second variation in here so it is easyer to see the difference.

Maybe I will make a Fire Nation flag too and I even thought about making one for the sadly deceased Trap Jaws in memory of them.
What do you think of my flags, be detailed
Oh wow. First up I am not a professional so take anything I say with a grain of salt:

The first Fire Nation Flag has a good approach in simplicity yet I know where you got that symbol form. ;)
I would try and make a flame of my own. Just take your time and be simple with it. :)

Take two of the Fire Nation is interesting as well because of the water (the flood that they survived) but It looks a little disorganised to me and the symbol should be the main object in your work. (especially with flags)

The Dark Knights reminds me of some pictures I get for my embroidery work: Looks simple but actually isn't.
The grey colors though make it easy on the eyes and I would consider making the crest the main symbol. Maybe use a knights helmet on top of the crest instead of the whole knight on a horse. (We are talking about ants :)

The Last one is also the one that I like the most. The peacefull union, the elimination of the lice, and the succesfull gardening attemt. :) But I would leave the lightest yellow on the right out of the flag and instead use a combination of the other two colours. (the darker one on the outside the light in the middle or the other way round, what looks easier on the eyes)

I don't know what else to say then: great work and much effort in making these! :3
Keep it up and you will improve.
Thanks......BTW i organised the colours to repersent one of the three original united kingdoms(I nicknamed The Amber Force, The Yellow Army, and the golden horde

LunarisMoon

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:42 pm

Babystarlight wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:37 pm
Jadeninja9 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:25 pm
LunarisMoon wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:20 pm

This is a hand-drawn flag for the Golden Empire.
The colours I choose for this are gold, red and green which reflects the Yellow crazy ants well with the natural look.
I also featured the four queens in the centre as this is the main point in any ant colony and without her, the colony will fail and die so I drew the queens in the centre as a symbol of power.

LunarisMoon
How did you put the drawing on a pure-white background?
Most scanners do a pretty good job at making the paper a pure white, Assuming it was made digital this way.
I did scan the final piece as taking a picture with my phone came out in a terrible quality so I scanned it which was much more easier then trying to take a good picture with a phone XD

TriMonarchicEmpire

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:45 pm

Nyaonyrd wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:14 pm
TriMonarchicEmpire wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:55 pm
Nyaonyrd wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:46 pm

EDIT:
The Golden Empire: The 8 gemstones on the crown symbolise the 8 Queens of the colony.
The Dark Knights - North: The influences of the helmet of a Knight and a black rose symbolising the rose war between the nations.
The Dark Knights - South: Same symbol for the knight like ant but a burning heart to oppose their sisters in this war.

Also I now put the second variation in here so it is easyer to see the difference.

Maybe I will make a Fire Nation flag too and I even thought about making one for the sadly deceased Trap Jaws in memory of them.
What do you think of my flags, be detailed
Oh wow. First up I am not a professional so take anything I say with a grain of salt:

The first Fire Nation Flag has a good approach in simplicity yet I know where you got that symbol form. ;)
I would try and make a flame of my own. Just take your time and be simple with it. :)

Take two of the Fire Nation is interesting as well because of the water (the flood that they survived) but It looks a little disorganised to me and the symbol should be the main object in your work. (especially with flags)

The Dark Knights reminds me of some pictures I get for my embroidery work: Looks simple but actually isn't.
The grey colors though make it easy on the eyes and I would consider making the crest the main symbol. Maybe use a knights helmet on top of the crest instead of the whole knight on a horse. (We are talking about ants :)

The Last one is also the one that I like the most. The peacefull union, the elimination of the lice, and the succesfull gardening attemt. :) But I would leave the lightest yellow on the right out of the flag and instead use a combination of the other two colours. (the darker one on the outside the light in the middle or the other way round, what looks easier on the eyes)

I don't know what else to say then: great work and much effort in making these! :3
Keep it up and you will improve.
I like flags, heres an example of a bunch i made for a lets play/roleplay hybrid series https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLHQYcLURA Please use the same critique method you used for the ant flags, i need imput

dadrek

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:48 pm

Flags for the nations!
Last edited by dadrek on Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AntsOnTheCoast

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:49 pm

Golden Empire (With the Hacienda Del Dorado at the top!)

Good luck everyone! Hope my submissions get noticed in the 'swarm' of great flags.

AntsOnTheCoast

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:51 pm

Fire Nation

Golden Empire (With the Hacienda Del Dorado at the top!)

Good luck everyone! Hope my submissions get noticed in the 'swarm' of great flags.

TippyDisc911

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:56 pm

Hello here is my Fire Nation Flag, its not very good in my opinion http://imgur.com/A1V6vYh :)
Keeping:
Formica subsericea: 10 workers
Tetramourium Immigrans: 12 workers
solenopsis molesta: 25-30 workers

"The ant's a centaur in his dragon world"-Ezra Pound

Dream species: Atta Texana

Jadeninja9

Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:02 pm

LunarisMoon wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:33 pm
Jadeninja9 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:25 pm
LunarisMoon wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:20 pm

This is a hand-drawn flag for the Golden Empire.
The colours I choose for this are gold, red and green which reflects the Yellow crazy ants well with the natural look.
I also featured the four queens in the centre as this is the main point in any ant colony and without her, the colony will fail and die so I drew the queens in the centre as a symbol of power.

LunarisMoon
How did you put the drawing on a pure-white background?
I drew this on a piece of paper from a sketch book :)
Dang
Keeper of:
1x Camponotus Hyatti
1x Lasius alienus colonies
1x Tetramorium immigrans

Sehnsucht

Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:06 pm

I figured I might as well try my hand at flags since I can draw, so these are my first attempts at some ant flags.
A flag for The Dark Knights, with a separate palette for south and north:

And a design for The Golden Empire, which I might redo because I'm not completely satisfied:

Any feedback is absolutely welcomed, as I would love to implement such things into my designs for the remaining colonies.

AntHero

Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:08 pm

Here are my entries

Thanks Ian