AntsCanada ANT FLAG CONTEST (2 yr Anniversary of ACAF)

Announcements and discussion on upcoming store promos, contest, events, etc.

Moderator: ooper01

SMAS12

Re: AntsCanada ANT FLAG CONTEST (2 yr Anniversary of ACAF)

Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:38 pm

my bad there was a big black dot over the ant and I didn't see it!

AlacazAnts

Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:50 pm

How do I post an Image? Some one please help.

AntLove4ever

Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:54 pm

Hi AntsCanada,
I just want to thank you so much for creating your YouTube Channel and helping everyone around the world, including myself, learn to know that these fascinating creatures are more than a nuisance and house pest. I am currently a Canadian Ant Keeper and a GAN Farmer.
Ant Love Forever,
Harley Zhang

My AntsCanada Ants Colony Flags:

Fire Nation (Tropical Fire Ants: Image
Dark Knights North (Black Crazy Ants): Image
Dark Knights South (Black Crazy Ants): Image
Golden Empire (Yellow Crazy Ants): Image
The Titans (Asian Marauder Ants): Image

SMAS12

Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:22 pm

Here are the digital versions of The Dark Knights:

dwalachn

Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:29 pm

dwalachn wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:15 am
Registered on the forum just for this :D
So here are my propositions.

I've tried to keep them in the spirit of a flag :
- few colors,
- flat desig / simplicity,
- no text,
- symbols,
- good contrasts

Ant(s) on each flag tries to reflect the morphology of that particular genus' queen (as much as i could figure out from online photos, and keep it simple and quick to design.)

The fire nation speaks for itself.
the-fire-nation-e1500215603141.png

This is the Dark Knights' as a united nation, there's a bit of a Union Jack (UK's flag) inspiration. Some critics may point the lack of "knighthood" conveyed here, i'm fine with it. Afterall, there's not much "Kingdom" in the Union Jack either. It also underlines the polygyny of that colony. The yellow is because the legs end of the workers look yellowish.
the-dark-knights-e1500215639244.png

Here are the Dark Knights' flags as separate nations. The southern one features southern cross symbols and the northern one features nothern star symbols. Red for those who had red dyed honey to eat at the moment of the civil war, blue for the others, by contrast and because it feels more nordic :p
the-dark-knights-of-the-south-e1500215651553.png
the-dark-knights-of-the-north-e1500215664410.png
on these two i might replace some of the south and north symbols by a symbol of knighthood or fealty of some sort to reflect their name.

And here's the Golden Empire Flag. With a round symbol inspired by the Empire symbol in Star Wars but simplified and with and eight parts division, rather than six. This underlines the polygyny like the eight yellow dots within the green part (which stand for the mini "rain forest" in la Hacienda Del Dorado of course).
the-golden-empire-e1500215622722.png

I haven't done a Titans Flag right now, but I may. I'll probably update this very message if I change anything. Or i'll just repost the whole set of updated flags. So keep in touch :)

Here are updated versions of my previous submissions, as it is impossible to edit your previous messages

I added details/modification to further stick to the various colonies names or specificities. Plus I finally did a Titans flag

Here are the the various flags :

The Fire Nation (added dots to suggest the swarm, it IS a nation)

The Dark Knights as i single kingdom (Added Swords to underline the Knighthood part, which my original design lacked)

The Dark Knights from the North (Same here , northern star symbol + blue to imply their allegiance)

The Dark Knights from the South (Ibid., southern cross symbol to imply allegiance + red dyed honey reference)

The Golden Empire (Same as Fire Nation + reworked the "Queen dots", also it suggest more of a latin american decorative motif this way, which suits the "Hacienda Del Dorado" quite well, I think)

And finally, the Titans (Quite simple, stresses out the genus' diverse polymorphism. The symbol is intended to be a graphic "T" with a bit of runic or glyphic design to make it less human and more alien/myrmecean looking)

The idea here is to provide flags that have some grahpic unity (All those tribes are part of the AC family, afterall) and that are still different and relevant to each nation's genus and/or name, and still look like nation flags.

They may not make great merchandising designs though.

(I've seen works in this thread that do not strike me as "flag like" but that are quite lush to look at and would make great merch for the AC Boutique :p)

Whatever, had fun doing it, hope you guys enjoy it :)

JaniceSCM

Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:33 pm

New version of my Golden Empire flag. This one reincorporates the white for peace as a circle between the stars. As the unity between the queens and the other animals of the Hacienda is central to the Hacienda's existence. I would preferably use this one as my entry if I am only allowed to use one version.
Sevi avi a vivi asa

Jay1935

Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:42 pm

This is my banner for the ant GoT banner contest, it is for the north tribe of black crazy ants
#Thequeeninthenorth

JaniceSCM

Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:13 pm

This is my Fire Nation flag. The Red represents the Fire Ant, the black circle represents the single queen, the black outwards pointing cross represents aggression.
Sevi avi a vivi asa

SMAS12

Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:18 pm

Ok guys I thing it's better for me to give you this link so you can see all of my entries without me to flood the forum. Sorry for my many posts I can't delete them...

So here is the link, enjoy.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_D7uoKdImJvdnlBYjdHOWdkZXM

If I have time I will try Golden empire.

Arrow14100

Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:32 pm

Hope you like' em AC-family ;)