The ACAF "WHAT IS ANT LOVE?" Contest | FREE Omni Nest Large | Deadline Aug 3rd, 2015!

Announcements and discussion on upcoming store promos, contest, events, etc.

Moderator: ooper01

aidan0616

Re: The ACAF "WHAT IS ANT LOVE?" Contest | FREE Omni Nest Large | Deadline Aug 3rd, 2015!

Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:29 pm

Ant love is wanting to drive everywhere to look for queens, and walking and crawling on and along the sidewalk with test tubes...trying so hard to find new queens of different species that you don't have yet.... :)

aidan0616

Re: The ACAF "WHAT IS ANT LOVE?" Contest | FREE Omni Nest Large | Deadline Aug 3rd, 2015!

Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:34 pm

Ant Love is telling people that ask you: "Do you have any pets?" that "yeah, I can have 7,000 pets in 15 years"

jharmainyack

Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:38 pm

Ant love is sticking your hand into a fire ant nest, providing them with an all-you-can-eat buffet (kids eat free!), and not pulling it out until they've eaten every little scrap off your hand. :twisted: Okay, maybe I went a little too far.

octorock1

Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:06 pm

What is ant love? A simple question, yet also very complex. To some ant love is caring and nurturing for what feels as a child. For others it's watching colonies, which start from simple beginnings, grow into massive empires. "Rome has grown since its humble beginnings that it is now overwhelmed by its own greatness." - Titus Livius. This is true with all ant colonies, and for any ant keeper, as it is deeply exciting to see your colony grow. However I believe ant love is keeping your head held up high knowing that those around you talk poorly about because of your ant keeping passion. Walking with pride, knowing that regardless of what others think, life will go on. What I lack in wisdom I make up with passion and I do not, nor will I every regret my decision to get into the hobby. But this is only my answer for the question and I am sure there are others like it and others that differ from it. The real answer to "What is ant love?" is a matter of perspective, and is up to us, as individuals, to decide.

DoctorFez

Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:12 pm

Ant love is doing anything to keep the world of ants thriving. No matter what. Even if you have to get stung multiple times. You will do anything to keep ants alive. Ant love is when you care for your ants and ants in general. Ant love is going out there and getting queen ants. Ant love is buying the necessary materials to keep them safe and happy. Ant love in general is just keeping ants happy because it makes you happy. #Antlove

Roachant

Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:29 pm

Ant love is caring for the little empires that are so similar to our own, and sharing them with people we care about as well.

Roachant

Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:32 pm

Ant love is having test tubes in your pockets, your house, your car and even at your friends house, just in case they come upon a queen in their travels.

Dannyboy

Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:17 pm

All my photos all my memes are to large to post :cry:

Andres

Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:32 pm

You see a whole awesome world of how ants work and make there colony

Ants4fun

Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:27 am

What is ant love to me? Ant love starts when we where children. We would observe them building there mounds, bringing back food, and just doing there thing. But thrn we wondered, i wonder what happens down there... so then we would try ti dig them up, lerhals order an uncle miltin set. But we soon, they all die. And we lose hope of keeping these creatures, and get interested in something else. But what we don't realize, is that a seed has been planted in us. And will germinate later in life. Speed up, and as the years go by, we don't think of them much. Then one day we find an ant. A big one. With wings. Then that seed of ant love flourishes. Then we grab that queen excitedly, and put her in a continer, and go online, and search: keeping ants. Then we stumble onto forums like these. As we learn more about snts, and how others too share this tree that is growing within us. It drinks as our knolege of ant grows, until it grows so big that we feel it bursting within us! We have to share some. We clip some branches away, and give it away to people. We tell them about ants, and about how awesome they are! But sadly their branch does not develop roots. And this simple phase passes away. But some people cherish this knoledge, and the clipping takes root, they learn for themselves all about anrs, and find a queen of their own. And they have a tree of ant love too. Ant love is like large sycamore trees, that seem to last forever. Some may try to chop it down, but true ant love is everlasting.

Go, and share your ant love.

May ant love be in all of us.