Queen keep eating her Eggs

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

MikePH

Queen keep eating her Eggs

Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:50 am

How to prevent a Queen to Eat her eggs i don't know how to prevent it and how to stop it I only peek in my test tube
ones a week do you guys think i should stop? shes A fire ant (Solenopsis Geminata)
Philippines,Caloocan City

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :D :D :) :)

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Re: Queen keep eating her Eggs

Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:53 am

Hi Mike!

Solenopsis geminata usually don't have problems founding colonies. Maybe you are keeping them in a room with air conditioning? This can cause the ants stress. Are they in a proper test tube setup?
Ant Love Forever.

flavus

Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:48 am

Queens eat their eggs when they are stressed. That is not being kept in the dark, the keepers keep looking at them, live food placed in with them. They need to be dark and quiet.

Carl75

Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:59 pm

That may explain my queen eating her first few eggs. I am growing a fruit fly culture to feed my young colonies. Whilst setting up the culture some flies escaped. I thought I got them all, but whilst moving/checking a queen there was a dead fly in her test tube If had a small hole in the cotton and the fly must have gone in and disturbed her. I think she eat most of the fly too as I could only see the fly's head. I have replaced the cotton with a new cotton ball.

LeonDaFishKeeper

Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:24 pm

Try a little brood boosting maybe.