Yellow Crazy Ant Terrarium

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

BigFatBoarz21

Yellow Crazy Ant Terrarium

Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:59 pm

Hello, If you are reading this you know about the "Hacienda Del Dorado" and if know all the items and materials he used in the video.
If you can link me all of the items used I will be forever thankful, Thanks

BigFatBoarz21

Re: Yellow Crazy Ant Terrarium

Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:03 pm

I am trying to remake this terrarium because as soon as I saw it, it blew my mind, I will also be using a 90-gallon fish tank so If I could have links to where he bought the items I will very thankful.

Hunter36o

Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:34 am

Does it not say in the descriptions when he adds something new?
I am not really sure. I use his tanks as ideas.

My personal opinion is take screenshots of the front and sides views in the vids and use more as a guidelines rather then copy it. Be original in your own design. It will bring a sense of pride to you for tour colony and their home.

Just try imagine you are sitting there looking at the ants living happily in a set you designed. Rather then one designed by someone else. Do not get me wrong. I drool over all his set ups as they are works of art. But they are AC's work of art so would it interest you to make you own piece of art using his as a template more then anything else??

Sorry I am a designer so I cannot help but jump to originality haha.

Also a lot of Mickey's stuff are native based to the ants kind of habitat. So keep that in mind for your ants.
Research is important before during and even after you have established a colony. There is always time to learn and to listen to others experiences. Live by this and your ants will thrive. Fail to do so and your experience may be brief.

AntsDakota

Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:22 pm

I want to make a terrarium like that when my Camponotus pennsylvanicus colony (hopefully has workers by now) gets big enough, and another for a Formica colony so I can observe their unique hill architecture.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

ZbsAntNation

Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:54 am

I wish I had yellow crazy ants were i live there like actually adorable

Hawkeye

Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:56 pm

Hey guys!

I totally get what you mean, I love his landscaping skills. I am a complete newb, but those videos got me excited. They inspired me to design a setup of my own, which incorporates in my opinion the best characteristics of the hacienda, the golden springs, the bonsai island (can't remember what it's called right now) It is an open air formicarium completely surrounded by water, in a miniature mostly self sustaining biotope, with a double refugem. (Larger amount of water makes it more stable, allows for more creatures and needs less water changes.

I have posted my plans on the forum. (I think the post is called: I need some feedback on my plans) Feel free to look at them, improve on them or use them as you see fit. I can even supply you with a full 3d model, if you send me a message. Well except if you plan to make YouTube videos, I'd like some credits then 😁

Hawkeye

Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:13 pm

https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=14842