Tertamorium E Queen ?

Main Forum Topics,Forum news, updates, announcements, Forum Rules, Questions, Support, and Suggestions.
Post Reply
Wardword
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:09 pm
Location: Ottawa

Tertamorium E Queen ?

Post: # 38149Post Wardword
Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:48 pm

My Omni Nest has arrived YAY !!!

After assembling I sat outside for fresh air and look who wandered right up to my feet.
I have been hoping to find a Tertamorium E Queen for my 1st colony, have I just succeeded ???
I think I see wing scars. !!!!! So excited !!!

Fingers crossed !!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_2ayU6TTG9DSm5BTlkwMmo4bUlKb0o1Y1BiYi1TcmxGUnVn/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_2ayU6TTG9DOHZWWEl6SGo4cVRXOV9weG1uYlNxbmYwallF/view?usp=sharing

Wardword
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:09 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Tertamorium E Queen ?

Post: # 38150Post Wardword
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:07 pm

She is a little smaller than a Campanotis in size.

idahoantgirl
Posts: 1100
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:52 am
Location: Idaho, USA

Re: Tertamorium E Queen ?

Post: # 38151Post idahoantgirl
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:37 pm

Definitely not Tetramorium, but I think you have a camponotus queen!
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

Wardword
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:09 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Tertamorium E Queen ?

Post: # 38152Post Wardword
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:42 pm

idahoantgirl wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:37 pm
Definitely not Tetramorium, but I think you have a camponotus queen!
But she has red legs and her gaster is smooth, I have a Campanotus Nova and a C.P, They both look nothing like her.

Wardword
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:09 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Tertamorium E Queen ?

Post: # 38153Post Wardword
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:47 pm

Wardword wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:42 pm
idahoantgirl wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:37 pm
Definitely not Tetramorium, but I think you have a camponotus queen!
But she has red legs and her gaster is smooth, I have a Campanotus Nova and a C.P, They both look nothing like her.
Compair with my other two Campanotus queens.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_2ayU6TTG9DclF6X0VMTzhUTFZ2YXkzY0RsZ004LW51MGxR/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_2ayU6TTG9DTmVKOFBWQjdXZENwSm5oQTE4VTI5Q3c5YlE0/view?usp=sharing

Wardword
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:09 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Tertamorium E Queen ?

Post: # 38154Post Wardword
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:54 pm

Wardword wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:47 pm
Wardword wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:42 pm
idahoantgirl wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:37 pm
Definitely not Tetramorium, but I think you have a camponotus queen!
But she has red legs and her gaster is smooth, I have a Campanotus Nova and a C.P, They both look nothing like her.
Compair with my other two Campanotus queens.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_2ayU6TTG9DclF6X0VMTzhUTFZ2YXkzY0RsZ004LW51MGxR/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_2ayU6TTG9DTmVKOFBWQjdXZENwSm5oQTE4VTI5Q3c5YlE0/view?usp=sharing
I guess the hunt continues :(

idahoantgirl
Posts: 1100
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:52 am
Location: Idaho, USA

Re: Tertamorium E Queen ?

Post: # 38170Post idahoantgirl
Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:07 pm

Wardword wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:54 pm
Wardword wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:47 pm
Wardword wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:42 pm


But she has red legs and her gaster is smooth, I have a Campanotus Nova and a C.P, They both look nothing like her.
Compair with my other two Campanotus queens.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_2ayU6TTG9DclF6X0VMTzhUTFZ2YXkzY0RsZ004LW51MGxR/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_2ayU6TTG9DTmVKOFBWQjdXZENwSm5oQTE4VTI5Q3c5YlE0/view?usp=sharing
I guess the hunt continues :(
What makes you think that one of those queens is Camp. nova? On the contrary, I believe that the queen you just found is Camp. Nova. Your other queens definitely arent.
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

Wardword
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:09 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Tertamorium E Queen ?

Post: # 38175Post Wardword
Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:29 pm

idahoantgirl wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:07 pm
Wardword wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:54 pm
Wardword wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:47 pm


Compair with my other two Campanotus queens.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_2ayU6TTG9DclF6X0VMTzhUTFZ2YXkzY0RsZ004LW51MGxR/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_2ayU6TTG9DTmVKOFBWQjdXZENwSm5oQTE4VTI5Q3c5YlE0/view?usp=sharing
I guess the hunt continues :(
What makes you think that one of those queens is Camp. nova? On the contrary, I believe that the queen you just found is Camp. Nova. Your other queens definitely arent.
One of them is dark brown, someone here told me the brown one was Nova, the more shiny very black one was Pen.

User avatar
Batspiderfish
Posts: 3144
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:47 pm
Location: Maine

Re: Tertamorium E Queen ?

Post: # 38189Post Batspiderfish
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:41 pm

Camponotus, but without a measurement, it's pretty hard to narrow down further.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

idahoantgirl
Posts: 1100
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:52 am
Location: Idaho, USA

Re: Tertamorium E Queen ?

Post: # 38506Post idahoantgirl
Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:46 pm

Also Tetramorium Species E is now known as Tetramorium immigrans in the US, while in Europe it is known as Tetramorium Casepitum.
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests