C. pennsylvanicus had their nuptial flights about 3 weeks ago. Could they still have another?

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

AntsDakota

C. pennsylvanicus had their nuptial flights about 3 weeks ago. Could they still have another?

Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:19 pm

I would like to find some more, even though mine is doing so well, with a 11 eggs and all.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

AntDudeUSA

Re: C. pennsylvanicus had their nuptial flights about 3 weeks ago. Could they still have another?

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Hello my dude I believe that they can still have nuptial flights some nest may be ate however I doubt very seriously that the same colony will have another flight. Good luck with them they are really interesting to keep mine are just now into the cocoon stage so I will have a few workers very soon
-Antdude
Keeper of
x1 Camponotus Penslyvanicus
x1 Formica Subscerica
x1 Tetramorium Caespitum
x1 Solenopsis Invicta
x1 Pheidole sp
x1 Dorymyrmex Bureni

AntsDakota

Re: C. pennsylvanicus had their nuptial flights about 3 weeks ago. Could they still have another?

Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:16 pm

AntDudeUSA wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:32 pm
Hello my dude I believe that they can still have nuptial flights some nest may be ate however I doubt very seriously that the same colony will have another flight. Good luck with them they are really interesting to keep mine are just now into the cocoon stage so I will have a few workers very soon
-Antdude
I think now that it is very unlikely that C. pennsylvanicus would have another nuptial flight, yet I found another Camponotus queen that I believe is C. herculeanus or C. novaboracensis. So I don't really care about C. pennsylvanicus flights anymore. Thanks for the help!
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

Batspiderfish

Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:33 pm

In northern regions, Camponotus will be flying off and on until the end of July. Sometimes they even fly in the fall.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

AntsDakota

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:33 am

Found another C. pennsylvanicus queen, so that answers my question! :lol: :D