Just purchased an Omni large starter kit

Main Forum Topics,Forum news, updates, announcements, Forum Rules, Questions, Support, and Suggestions.
Wardword
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:09 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Just purchased an Omni large starter kit

Post: # 37956Post Wardword
Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:24 pm

Mikey B has contacted me, I have sent him the relevant information via email.
You may delete my posts in relation to this issue if you wish.

User avatar
ooper01
Head Moderator
Posts: 775
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:07 am
Location: Utah, USA
Contact:

Re: Just purchased an Omni large starter kit

Post: # 37973Post ooper01
Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:09 pm

Wow that is terrible service from USPS. I verified that it was shipped Priority Express. Let me see if I can get USPS to refund us some/all of the shipping and then we will pass that along to you.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator
Image

Wardword
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:09 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Just purchased an Omni large starter kit

Post: # 38017Post Wardword
Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:16 pm

ooper01 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:09 pm
Wow that is terrible service from USPS. I verified that it was shipped Priority Express. Let me see if I can get USPS to refund us some/all of the shipping and then we will pass that along to you.
Thank you very much sir :)

User avatar
ooper01
Head Moderator
Posts: 775
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:07 am
Location: Utah, USA
Contact:

Re: Just purchased an Omni large starter kit

Post: # 38043Post ooper01
Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:01 pm

Wardword wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:16 pm
ooper01 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:09 pm
Wow that is terrible service from USPS. I verified that it was shipped Priority Express. Let me see if I can get USPS to refund us some/all of the shipping and then we will pass that along to you.
Thank you very much sir :)
I was unable to request a refund online since it was an international shipment. I will need to go in-person to the USPS office here to request it. I'll let you know...
~ ooper

Forum Moderator
Image

Wardword
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:09 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Just purchased an Omni large starter kit

Post: # 38052Post Wardword
Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:30 pm

ooper01 wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:01 pm
Wardword wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:16 pm
ooper01 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:09 pm
Wow that is terrible service from USPS. I verified that it was shipped Priority Express. Let me see if I can get USPS to refund us some/all of the shipping and then we will pass that along to you.
Thank you very much sir :)
I was unable to request a refund online since it was an international shipment. I will need to go in-person to the USPS office here to request it. I'll let you know...
Yes I read on the site it has to be done at your local depot.
Thanks again for all your help :)

User avatar
ooper01
Head Moderator
Posts: 775
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:07 am
Location: Utah, USA
Contact:

Re: Just purchased an Omni large starter kit

Post: # 38452Post ooper01
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:35 pm

Wardword,
Here is what they told me at the USPS office here:
1. Priority Express International is "usually" a 3-5 business day service. (I said 2-3 earlier on this thread but was mistaken.)
2. Priority Express International is not a guaranteed delivery time service due to customs.
3. They therefore will not extend a refund.
4. He said the package was in outgoing customs in Los Angeles and then incoming customs in Canada June 12-15.

So I guess if you count "business days" (Monday thru Friday), you have June 11-15 (5 days) and June 18 which is when it was delivered so 6 business days (3 or 4 of those in customs), so I guess they weren't too far off. Seemed like a lot longer with the two weekends in there.

Also, although we printed the mailing label on the 6th, we did not actually take it to the post office until the 9th. We usually print the mailing labels a day or two before actually taking them to the post office to allow the email notification to go out to the customer and to allow them to let us know if there are any problems with the order or the shipping address. This has helped us solve problems before the package gets into the postal system.

Sorry I don't have better news for you :(

I will private message you...
~ ooper

Forum Moderator
Image

Wardword
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:09 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Just purchased an Omni large starter kit

Post: # 38549Post Wardword
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:36 am

ooper01 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:35 pm
Wardword,
Here is what they told me at the USPS office here:
1. Priority Express International is "usually" a 3-5 business day service. (I said 2-3 earlier on this thread but was mistaken.)
2. Priority Express International is not a guaranteed delivery time service due to customs.
3. They therefore will not extend a refund.
4. He said the package was in outgoing customs in Los Angeles and then incoming customs in Canada June 12-15.

So I guess if you count "business days" (Monday thru Friday), you have June 11-15 (5 days) and June 18 which is when it was delivered so 6 business days (3 or 4 of those in customs), so I guess they weren't too far off. Seemed like a lot longer with the two weekends in there.

Also, although we printed the mailing label on the 6th, we did not actually take it to the post office until the 9th. We usually print the mailing labels a day or two before actually taking them to the post office to allow the email notification to go out to the customer and to allow them to let us know if there are any problems with the order or the shipping address. This has helped us solve problems before the package gets into the postal system.

Sorry I don't have better news for you :(

I will private message you...
Ordered on the 4th, and it took your end 5-6 days just to ship it out ?..... So then it's your sides mistake/failure to be taking responsibility for IMO. I payed for express.. You took 6 days just to start the shipping process, how that my problem now ?
Customs is only a valid excuse as per USPS's policy if it was the customs delay that slowed thing s down, that was not the case here, my package spent less than 40 mins in Customs after arriving in Canada. After arriving in Canada, it took 1 business day to reach me. Nothing was help up in customs for 3 days, my previous post with tracking history clearly shows that.

If it's taking you 6 days just to begin shipping an express package, perhaps you should not be offering said service seeing how you cannot even get a package picked up/dropped off before the advertised and expected time period.

User avatar
ooper01
Head Moderator
Posts: 775
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:07 am
Location: Utah, USA
Contact:

Re: Just purchased an Omni large starter kit

Post: # 38592Post ooper01
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:41 pm

I can understand your frustration. Express shipping does not mean that we print out your shipping label, package it up, and take it to the post office the day or the day after you place the order. What you are paying for when you select express shipping is quicker delivery once the package reaches the postal system. So rather than 7-10 days in the international postal system, it is 3-5 days. That's it really. We don't make any money on shipping costs, we just pass along the costs we are charged.

When I spoke with the Post Master at our local post office, he explained that the package was in customs June 12-15. Based on your information, it sounds like it zipped right through customs in Canada, so the majority of that time must have been in Los Angeles customs.

Our shipping software shows your order coming in on June 5th. We printed the shipping label on June 6th and delivered it to USPS on June 9th. With our current order volume, it doesn't make sense for us to bring in our part-time shipping staff every day, so we usually ship once a week right now. Sometimes when order volume is higher, we ship twice a week. I think people have been spoiled by large online retailers like Amazon.com who ship same day or next day. We're not Amazon.com... at least not yet ;)
~ ooper

Forum Moderator
Image

Wardword
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:09 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Just purchased an Omni large starter kit

Post: # 39010Post Wardword
Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:42 am

ooper01 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:41 pm
I can understand your frustration. Express shipping does not mean that we print out your shipping label, package it up, and take it to the post office the day or the day after you place the order. What you are paying for when you select express shipping is quicker delivery once the package reaches the postal system. So rather than 7-10 days in the international postal system, it is 3-5 days. That's it really. We don't make any money on shipping costs, we just pass along the costs we are charged.

When I spoke with the Post Master at our local post office, he explained that the package was in customs June 12-15. Based on your information, it sounds like it zipped right through customs in Canada, so the majority of that time must have been in Los Angeles customs.

Our shipping software shows your order coming in on June 5th. We printed the shipping label on June 6th and delivered it to USPS on June 9th. With our current order volume, it doesn't make sense for us to bring in our part-time shipping staff every day, so we usually ship once a week right now. Sometimes when order volume is higher, we ship twice a week. I think people have been spoiled by large online retailers like Amazon.com who ship same day or next day. We're not Amazon.com... at least not yet ;)
Other international orders from other AC customers seemed to have had no problem getting to them in 5 days.
Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me, it took you nearly a week just to send it off, there is nothing EXPRESS about any of that.
Your excuse in relation to your sales volume, and the suggestion you have "staff" that you call in to ship things out, just another BS excuse. It's probably 1 guy and that guy is you, and you took your sweet old time and slacked off, and wasted my money in doing so !!
Why else do you think someone would pay 62$ dollars US in shipping (nearly 100 CDN after conversion!!!) ??? Just so you can take the better part of a week to even send it off ?? I am sorry but that's just not acceptable, I was planning on buying several more of these Omni nests, but seeing how you yourself have handled all other complaints on this forum, with a fancy excuse and pretty much nothing else but a "sorry you had a bad experience" it's an example of piss poor business practices if you ask me, I will not be doing any future business with A.C.
Ordered EXPRESS !! on the 5th received on the 18th, pathetic. Your Amazon excuse just as pathetic.

A 130$ US purchase ended up costing me over 300$CDN after shipping conversion and import taxes, import taxes from a Canadian ant site to a Canadian address.... Just ridiculous !! (Yes I understand it shipped from the US now) But your site leads Canadians like me to believe that you are a Canadian business, and thus one expects you would ship from within Canada. Nothing on your site says otherwise. There is absolutely NOTHING Canadian about AntsCanada.
Not that I'd bother, but you'd lose a false/misleading advertising lawsuit if I chose to launch one !!

" it doesn't make sense for us to bring in our part-time shipping staff every day, so we usually ship once a week right now"
If you do not have the "staff" or the sales volume(face palm) to ship things out in a timely fashion, then you SHOULD NOT BE TAKING PEOPLES MONEY FOR EXPRESS SHIPPING !!!!

There are other websites selling the same Omni nests for peanuts in comparison (Carousell and Taobao to name just 2) , I'll take my chances with them, can't possibly cost me 300+ !!
Bet they arrive faster from China too, and for less in shipping !!

User avatar
ooper01
Head Moderator
Posts: 775
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:07 am
Location: Utah, USA
Contact:

Re: Just purchased an Omni large starter kit

Post: # 39179Post ooper01
Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:22 pm

Call them "excuses" if you like, they are just the facts of this issue we are discussing. I'm not making anything up or lying. We have a shipping staff, it's not just me lounging around, sipping sodas, and taking people's EXPRESS money while I relax.

If you do order a copy-cat product, I'd be interested to hear what your product costs are as well as shipping, customs, taxes. Also what the delivery time is. I just ordered something that came from China. It was MUCH smaller and lighter than an Omni Nest and it was $30 USD. It took 5 or 6 business days to get here via DHL once they shipped it.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest