Bad sign or good sign?

Main Forum Topics,Forum news, updates, announcements, Forum Rules, Questions, Support, and Suggestions.
Post Reply
KHaAnts
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:09 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Bad sign or good sign?

Post: # 27698Post KHaAnts
Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:47 am

I've had this queen for about a week now and just gave it a little check-up. I found that her eggs were laid out everywhere and didnt really seem like she was tending to them. Is this a sign that she is infertile? If so, should I release her or am I just being impatient? :?
Image
Image

Nj6000
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:35 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: Bad sign or good sign?

Post: # 27700Post Nj6000
Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:29 am

KHaAnts wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:47 am
I've had this queen for about a week now and just gave it a little check-up. I found that her eggs were laid out everywhere and didnt really seem like she was tending to them. Is this a sign that she is infertile? If so, should I release her or am I just being impatient? :?
Image
Image
It might just be an untidy queen . Give it some time .

KHaAnts
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:09 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Bad sign or good sign?

Post: # 27703Post KHaAnts
Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:56 am

Nj6000 wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:29 am
It might just be an untidy queen . Give it some time .
Thank you Nj6000, quite worried :/ but hoping for the best :)

Nj6000
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:35 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: Bad sign or good sign?

Post: # 27705Post Nj6000
Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:23 am

KHaAnts wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:56 am
Nj6000 wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:29 am
It might just be an untidy queen . Give it some time .
Thank you Nj6000, quite worried :/ but hoping for the best :)
Glad to help !

User avatar
Aceeey
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:39 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Bad sign or good sign?

Post: # 28976Post Aceeey
Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:28 am

Did she ever tidy up the little ones? Would like an update thanks.

KHaAnts
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:09 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Bad sign or good sign?

Post: # 36354Post KHaAnts
Fri May 25, 2018 8:05 pm

Aceeey wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:28 am
Did she ever tidy up the little ones? Would like an update thanks.
Apologies for a late response, but no, she did not end up tidying up the eggs and I had kept her for another 2 weeks before releasing her

User avatar
antnest8
Posts: 805
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:11 pm
Location: Detroit, MI

Re: Bad sign or good sign?

Post: # 36445Post antnest8
Mon May 28, 2018 4:16 pm

she might have been fertile but that was a slim chance
keeper of
3 tetremorium queens
2 C. pennsylvanicus
1 C novaeboracensis
1 tapinoma sessile colony

AntsDakota
Posts: 604
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:22 pm
Location: South Dakota

Re: Bad sign or good sign?

Post: # 37291Post AntsDakota
Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:18 pm

My Camponotus queen doesn't tend to her eggs when I check her, because she gets so stressed out that she only focuses on escaping. She paces back and forth, moves her legs up and down, and waves her antenna in the air abnormally fast. She only tends to them when I'm not looking and she's in the dark. :x :cry: I've never seen her act naturally and non-stressed.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests