Ant Love

Main Forum Topics,Forum news, updates, announcements, Forum Rules, Questions, Support, and Suggestions.
MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Ant Love

Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:53 pm

Yea so the contest is way over now and I couldn't enter if I wanted to but......

Ant Love is knowing that at the front left corner of that dumpster is a small colony of fireants that are getting their home flooded by the rain and wanting to go over and cover them up or or built a leanto over them! Poor Ants........

MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

larynx

Re: Ant Love

Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:43 pm

MadVampy wrote:Yea so the contest is way over now and I couldn't enter if I wanted to but......

Ant Love is knowing that at the front left corner of that dumpster is a small colony of fireants that are getting their home flooded by the rain and wanting to go over and cover them up or or built a leanto over them! Poor Ants........

man, i was thinking the same thing when it started raining today. i wanted to put a giant umbrella over where i hunt, to help the lil guys. :mrgreen:
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:04 pm

I got a cardboard box and propped15 it over the the nest area the best I could. Bad thing was that the water running down the front of the dumpster went right into the nest. :(
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:55 am

Haha! Ants need rain. In a lot of cases rain helps soften solidified ground for tunneling, helps their nest structures stay in place when it dries, and keeps the nest interior nice and humid. Plus, I am sure the ants drink the rain, too.
Ant Love Forever.

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:21 pm

AntsCanada wrote:Haha! Ants need rain. In a lot of cases rain helps soften solidified ground for tunneling, helps their nest structures stay in place when it dries, and keeps the nest interior nice and humid. Plus, I am sure the ants drink the rain, too.
Oh I know Mikey, But I also know how much they toil to make what they make too. They don't have a cool hybrid nest to live in and have a human to wait on them and and foot. But the other side of the coin there is this fact:

"Ants have been living on the Earth for more than 100 million years and can be found almost anywhere on the planet. It is estimated that there are about 20,000 different species of ants. For this reason ants have been called Earth's most successful species."

They have been around before humans and I believe they will be here after us too. ;)
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin