Update on my two colonies...

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

Jharrell23867

Update on my two colonies...

Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:36 am

Have not been on in a while so i figured i would check in with a short update on my two colonies...

My Camponotus Castaneus are up to 6 workers now. They still refuse to move out of the fetid tube they are in that has ran dry of water so i have left a tube of water in the out world next to their old tube in hopes that they will one day move out. They seem to love crackers as a treat out of all the items i have offered them they seem to like ritz crackers the most completely destroying one in a few days so i have taken to putting honey on crackers now for there meals. They have a large cluster of eggs now.

My only real concern is they do not seem to pay attention to any protein provided... they ignore bugs, poultry, jerky.

My Tapinoma Sessile lost a few members. I captured 3 queens & 3 workers from the same colony. They all laid eggs & tended them together so i thought the queens got along well. They even huddled together in a circle with the 3 workers around the eggs. One egg hatched & then once the newborn worker was up & running about a few days later i found i was missing two queens & upon inspection i found body parts laid in a neat pile in separate tube. The last queen seems very healthy so i think the workers were the only ones involved in the coup.

Martialis

Re: Update on my two colonies...

Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:24 pm

This probably should be in Journals :)
Keeper of

Selliing: