Colony got inside of the inner cup, ant tower small.

Show us your formicariums and ant setup, ask formicarium-related questions, or share your experiences with building an ant home. Here you will also find formicarium requirements for specific ant species.

Moderator: ooper01

KingKongCoen

Re: Colony got inside of the inner cup, ant tower small.

Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:17 am

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:44 pm

I would try to move them out, so you can glue it to ensure no escapes. Or you could do the light thing, it depends what you want
Yeah, i'll do that. I got some non toxic glue and will do it tonight, move the tower they are in right now off the mat, and put the other one on it. And see if i can add a small light inside to further encourage them to move out. Maybe even let the water run out so the area becomes less desirable to live even further. Thanks

AntsAntsAnts

Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:19 am

KingKongCoen wrote:
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:

I would try to move them out, so you can glue it to ensure no escapes. Or you could do the light thing, it depends what you want
Yeah, i'll do that. I got some non toxic glue and will do it tonight, move the tower they are in right now off the mat, and put the other one on it. And see if i can add a small light inside to further encourage them to move out. Maybe even let the water run out so the area becomes less desirable to live even further. Thanks
you can dry the place out so they will move away. Ants love humid places and need moisture for the young.
keeping:
all my queens died :(
got a sugar ant colony started :)

SolenopsisKeeper

Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:06 am

AntsAntsAnts wrote:
KingKongCoen wrote:
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:

you can dry the place out so they will move away. Ants love humid places and need moisture for the young.
Some ants… except Camponotus
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

AntsAntsAnts

Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:42 am

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
AntsAntsAnts wrote:
KingKongCoen wrote:

that is very true. That was actually the reason my first camponotus colony died. They did not move out from dryness
keeping:
all my queens died :(
got a sugar ant colony started :)

SolenopsisKeeper

Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:16 am

AntsAntsAnts wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:42 am
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
AntsAntsAnts wrote:

that is very true. That was actually the reason my first camponotus colony died. They did not move out from dryness
Mine will move out of test tube setups and into vinyl tubing and I get so stressed Becuase I don’t know if they get water. Not only that, I worry for the larvae
When you accidentally reply to yourself…