Two questions

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

CombinedHalo467

Two questions

Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:17 am

OK to start off I have a question about the ac equipment because when I ordered a test tube/adapterpack I got fifteen adapters but what was confusing was that there were 15 in total and 5 of small hole 5 of large hole and then some wierd thingy that can connect adapters to testtubes so what are they and is air able to flow through so that you can connect test tubes with them. My second question is that I am at a tetramorium colony on the GAN Project and people said they are fast growers but I am planning to get them an ac nest mini but how long will that last them. thanks in advance
A prenolepis imparis colony with repletes and a big queen also 10 chickens and 1 annoying brother.

Ants Are Awesome

AntsLuxembourg

Re: Two questions

Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:00 am

I think the question about the size of the nest really depends on how fast they grow. You could prepare by having additional ant nests available in case you need more space. It also depends on the exact species. Some of them may require more or less space for their colony. Also the amount of food you provide them will either increase or decrease the speed of the colony growth.
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.

antnest8

Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:40 am

CombinedHalo467 wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:17 am
OK to start off I have a question about the ac equipment because when I ordered a test tube/adapterpack I got fifteen adapters but what was confusing was that there were 15 in total and 5 of small hole 5 of large hole and then some wierd thingy that can connect adapters to testtubes so what are they and is air able to flow through so that you can connect test tubes with them. My second question is that I am at a tetramorium colony on the GAN Project and people said they are fast growers but I am planning to get them an ac nest mini but how long will that last them. thanks in advance
The AC mini will probably fit a few hundred Tetremorium workers so, you would only move them in when they are at least over 50+ workers. Then the nest would probably last 2+ years.
Some of My Informative Sheets
https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=19099
Includes :
  • Ant Care Sheets
    Queen Hunting
    How To Identify Ants
Goal is to become #2 poster on the forum

CombinedHalo467

Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:09 pm

ok thanks but iv already decided to get a lasius neoniger colony in that area but it is useful for times to come and also lasius neoniger since I do know they grow pretty fast. thanks for responding
A prenolepis imparis colony with repletes and a big queen also 10 chickens and 1 annoying brother.

Ants Are Awesome