NEED HELP!

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

thegardenant

NEED HELP!

Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:36 am

Hello, I have a problem. I have caught a queen ant. I had it placed in a test tube setup, then placed it in a sock and then in a Nest. The thing is, my nest is made so the ants can make there own tunnels. But, somehow my queen ant broke out from the test tube and has borrowed into the nest. I can't find the hole, but I know its there. Any why to make it come out of its make shift nest? I have placed a drop of honey onto of the nest. Please help me find out a way TO FIND IT! THANK YOU SO MUCH in advance!

Serafine

Re: NEED HELP!

Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:41 am

The queen will always go to where it feels best. Obviously she prefers the nest over the test tube, probably because it is dark and humid (you can take this as a compliment, obviously your nest got approved by her majesty).

Do NOT try to disturb her or dig her out. This will stress out the queen and the brood, maybe even injure or kill her. Just leave her where she is and enjoy your colony.

ServampANT

Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:35 pm

If you find a half circle of soil (Or whatever you used) and the hole is covered, that means she's fully clasutral and you don't need to bother her with food , anyway good luck

Jharrell23867

Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:41 am

Yeah i would just leave her be... you should see some activity after a couple months unless its almost winter where you live then she might hibernate depending on her species.

thegardenant

Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:55 am

Alright, thank you so for the Great amount of help you guys have given me; any way, just in case I caught 2 more queens