Need help about this ant species

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

rakuichijou

Need help about this ant species

Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:24 am

Yow guys I caught a small colony of polyrachis semi inermis that has no eggs nor larvae but has 3 queens and since they are unknown to biologist and it doesnt have many records too so I was aking how should I feed them?why do the workers eat the eggs every time a queen lays egg?btw the queens are mated because I saw them laying an egg and few second a worker came to get the egg and a nother few seconds eggs have disappear and it have been 2 days and still no eggs I have been thinking about the poop they look like fecal pallets but white?if you have been keeping this species plss leave a reply ty!
Keeper of:
solenopsis geminata
tetramorium bicarinatum
Ghost ants
pheidole,
and black crazy ants, polyrhachis semiinermis
and weaver ants

#AntLove ;) :evil: :twisted:

antperson24

Re: Need help about this ant species

Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:54 am

rakuichijou wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:24 am
Yow guys I caught a small colony of polyrachis semi inermis that has no eggs nor larvae but has 3 queens and since they are unknown to biologist and it doesnt have many records too so I was aking how should I feed them?why do the workers eat the eggs every time a queen lays egg?btw the queens are mated because I saw them laying an egg and few second a worker came to get the egg and a nother few seconds eggs have disappear and it have been 2 days and still no eggs I have been thinking about the poop they look like fecal pallets but white?if you have been keeping this species plss leave a reply ty!
Have you been feeding them well? Have you been disturbing them a lot?
Why keep ants that aren't found in your yard?
There are so many fascinating ants right where you live!
I disagree with the keeping/buying of ants that aren't in your area.

Join Ants, Plants, and Myrmecology: https://discord.gg/BeQuNf8yTN