Need help on identify my queen ant species

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

EWENCHEUNG

Need help on identify my queen ant species

Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:15 pm

Hi , I am from Malaysia , i just caught a queen ant 1 day ago, I am excited about it as she is in a size 21mm . I kept her in a small container because the test tube is too small for her, i just keeping her by just providing water now .I wish to keep her as my pet ,but i didnt know how to kept her well and what is the species of the queen ant.Should I feed her before the first workers ? Is she a fully-claustral or a semi-claustral species ? What should i do to kept her well now ? What should i do to keep her well in different stage.

Please let me know what is the species of the queen ant and how to kept her well.
If the picture is not so clear for you to identify my queen ant .please let me know ,i will take a better angle on her.
This is the picture of the queen ant :ImageImage

antperson24

Re: Need help on identify my queen ant species

Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:12 pm

EWENCHEUNG wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:15 pm
Hi , I am from Malaysia , i just caught a queen ant 1 day ago, I am excited about it as she is in a size 21mm . I kept her in a small container because the test tube is too small for her, i just keeping her by just providing water now .I wish to keep her as my pet ,but i didnt know how to kept her well and what is the species of the queen ant.Should I feed her before the first workers ? Is she a fully-claustral or a semi-claustral species ? What should i do to kept her well now ? What should i do to keep her well in different stage.

Please let me know what is the species of the queen ant and how to kept her well.
If the picture is not so clear for you to identify my queen ant .please let me know ,i will take a better angle on her.
This is the picture of the queen ant :ImageImage
The images do not work.
Why keep ants that aren't found in your yard?
There are so many fascinating ants right where you live!
I disagree with the keeping/buying of ants that aren't in your area.

Join Ants, Plants, and Myrmecology: https://discord.gg/BeQuNf8yTN