GAN laws v.s. Ant Hill refill laws

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

Antlover84

GAN laws v.s. Ant Hill refill laws

Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:29 pm

So I was browsing the forum here looking at people who had purchased GAN queens when the though struck me: Why can I order 50 harvester ants from Utah and have them shipped here, but I can't buy a GAN queen in Georgia without breaking state laws? Just curious.

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Re: GAN laws v.s. Ant Hill refill laws

Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:43 pm

Because they are not supplying you a Queen ant. Having a queen ant means that it can reproduce and in doing so if it's not a native ant to the area can cause a lot of damage to the eco system. That's why GAN only allows sales in the same state. When you order the ants for those ready made ant farms they are all non reproducing ants.

A prime example of how bad it can get is the Solenopsis species, they are not native to North America but because of accidental transportation into the USA they have cause Millions of dollars of damage and so forth.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

Martialis

Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:51 pm

MadVampy wrote:Because they are not supplying you a Queen ant. Having a queen ant means that it can reproduce and in doing so if it's not a native ant to the area can cause a lot of damage to the eco system. That's why GAN only allows sales in the same state. When you order the ants for those ready made ant farms they are all non reproducing ants.

A prime example of how bad it can get is the Solenopsis species, they are not native to North America but because of accidental transportation into the USA they have cause Millions of dollars of damage and so forth.
Would this law apply to gamergates too? Just curious.
Keeper of

Selliing:

Batspiderfish

Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:17 pm

The harvester ants which are advertised to lay eggs are unmated and will only produce males.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.