Nuptial flights

Where and when are you finding queen ants? A section to share nuptial flight schedules by ant species and locality

Moderator: ooper01

Tototo

Nuptial flights

Sun May 10, 2020 6:17 am

It’s very hot where I live (UAE) and can get up to 40 Celsius everyday. There won’t be rain for a while but there are supposed to be nuptial flights by now (from my research) but I can’t find any alates, any help?

Anwilantz

Re: Nuptial flights

Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:58 am

Yup, there should be nuptial flights. Around may,june,july and sometimes also september. I would suggest looking in parks at these months as ants need water and food.The park is great for that as people sometimes just throw foods in the trash or ground and is great food for them. Plus in my the sprinklers can be a water supply for them.But anywhere else it would be very rare as there wont be that much food and water.Plus in a hot region its good to have shade such as plants and soil. Other areas might just be sand or bricks and things. I had found carpenter ant queens roaming around in my nearby park. But I couldn't catch them as I forgot to carry a tubes to catch them. I hope this info might help. :)