Ants in home pests ---> pets!

Main Forum Topics,Forum news, updates, announcements, Forum Rules, Questions, Support, and Suggestions.
maestro72x

Ants in home pests ---> pets!

Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:13 am

Hey guys I live in NYC and have an ant problem.. I seemly cant get rid of these very stubborn colonies so now I am switching gears to give them a home and feed them properly.. How can I: build a home and get the queen/colony to move in?

CabboAntsGuy

Re: Ants in home pests ---> pets!

Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:46 pm

do you know where the colony is? It would be very hard to get them to willingly move into a smaller enclosure. sorry. If you are ok with them in a certain area of your house you could try to just watch them there. but it would be very hard to get them to move into something.
Keep:
5 camponotus pennsylvanicus
2 formica subsericea
The Camponotus Crew! https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=15267
Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Lukam76

Sat May 23, 2020 7:55 am

Hello from Italy, i have the same problem if is a problem, a lot of little black Ant are moving around in my kitchen, are really dangerous in some matter? Or i can just let them go around?
thx for reply.

SkeleAnt

Sun May 24, 2020 12:33 am

Small black ants are usually harmless. If you don’t leave food out and keep surfaces clean, eventually the ants will look for food elsewhere. There’s nothing dangerous about them being around, but you might find them on open food products, which you might not be too keen on keeping after wild ants have started to chow down on them.
First time ant keeper with 2 formica subsericea queens!