Forced Ant Queen Out Tube; Panicking Tetramorium Speices E.

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

AntsApple

Forced Ant Queen Out Tube; Panicking Tetramorium Speices E.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:04 pm

Hello, so I have just forced my queen ant into a new test tube since I used a too large of a test tube. I decided I need a regular sized testube like a normal sized ones. I decided to pull the piece of cotton off with my tweezers, that she was standing on. Then I used a pipette to move the eggs. I may have squished a little eggs but she had 10 - 50 eggs, she was fertile as well btw. The eggs were brownish and white as well. So I have moved the eggs and all and threw out probably little eggs that I could not see, but I figured since she always lays eggs, that would not be a problem. She seems scared now and is moving around, she'd use to live in a ant like tunnel that the cotton had but I had forced her out, so now she doesn't know where to stay. I gave her a little honey to make up the damage I have done and the Tetramorium Ant queen Species E. had ate all the honey, but now she does not know where to settle. What should I do?!?!?! I am wondering if I did the right thing? Will she adjust and get use to the new tube at some point?!?!? I am worried. :?: :?:

Johnathan

Re: Forced Ant Queen Out Tube; Panicking Tetramorium Speices E.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:20 am

I’m currently keeping the same species and had the same situation, but it was only a few days in. It has started laying eggs again. Don’t disturb it to add any more honey. Leave it in the dark, possibly longer than usual. No one knows for sure whether or not it will “recover” but leaving it will be your best option.

AntsApple

Re: Forced Ant Queen Out Tube; Panicking Tetramorium Speices E.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:53 am

Johnathan wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:20 am
I’m currently keeping the same species and had the same situation, but it was only a few days in. It has started laying eggs again. Don’t disturb it to add any more honey. Leave it in the dark, possibly longer than usual. No one knows for sure whether or not it will “recover” but leaving it will be your best option.
I am planning on to put it in a formicarium to give it more space but I'll wrap a foil around the test tube and attach it to the formicarium. That way she can find a spot suitable for her to lay eggs. I just opend the box I put her in to sit at, and she was looking all over to put her eggs, but she doesn't know where to so she is just staying at one spot. I always see her carrying her eggs