Lasius niger

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

oOFutteOo

Lasius niger

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:15 pm

Hey

I have a Lasius niger colleny in a 3D printed Nest and outworld. It is all in White PLA and all thou it is very god for look ing at the ants it seems a bit cold. should i put a bit of sand and maybe some twigs in the outworld i would boil it first.
it is maybe 20+ workers and the amount of eggs have exploded during the last 2 weeks.

Best regards Futte the Danish ant keeper

AntLove

Re: Lasius niger

Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:16 pm

oOFutteOo wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:15 pm
Hey

I have a Lasius niger colleny in a 3D printed Nest and outworld. It is all in White PLA and all thou it is very god for look ing at the ants it seems a bit cold. should i put a bit of sand and maybe some twigs in the outworld i would boil it first.
it is maybe 20+ workers and the amount of eggs have exploded during the last 2 weeks.

Best regards Futte the Danish ant keeper
Hi!
I also have a little lasius niger colony and i wanted to ask you why you not use the classic way of antkeeping...
anyways, you can put a heatingcable next to the nest and i think it will be fine... i mean, if they can survive swedish winter than they can survive that... but put a heatingcable next to the nest and that will do the trick

oOFutteOo

Re: Lasius niger

Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:37 am

hey Antlove

Not cold as in, brrrr i'm freezing, but cold as in sterile hospital look :D

it is just for aesthetics sake and then i'm wondering if the ants would benefit from some sand and twigs.